1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Choosing dogs over having children

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Old article, I know, but I don't understand these people believing that their dogs are their children, and labeling the rest of the family grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle....fooking ridiculous.

I understand dogs(pets) are family. I love my dogs and take good care of them, but my children?

The good thing is hopefully they never reporoduce and this dies out with this generation.

https://nypost.com/2014/04/10/more-young-women-choosing-dogs-over-motherhood/

Phillyrocket, Jontro and K mf G like this.
  2. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

And then if/when they have an actual child, they realize how dumb they sounded.

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Let them have their dogs. There’s too many people on this planet anyway.

AXG, jacoby, Big MAK and 6 others like this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So they don't wanna spend a fortune and blow out their vadge. Whatever. Leave them be.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

and not enough dogs?

Rocket River

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Did the article say they were making new dogs?

jacoby, eric.81, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I love dags (Snatch), but cmon, they're pets...they're much easier to take care of than a person who grows into person. Yeah, there are responsibilities to raising animals, but more and more it seems like these people simply don't want the stress of raising a child like all her ancestors did before her that contributed to her existence. Meh, ultimately it's their choice and hell, maybe they wouldn't make good parents anyways...who knows. It's like tmoney said, there are so many folks on this planet, who cares if these folks don't want to make anymore. I sure don't.

Nook likes this.
  8. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

The argument isn't against pet people. OP even said he has pets. I even have pets. The argument is how pet only people try to equate them as having kids. Remember that time that pet took their parents gun and.....

ramotadab and Falcons Talon like this.
  9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That picture from the article lmaoo. Bisch cray

[​IMG]

macho GRANDE and CCity Zero like this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, this is exactly what happens. "oh wow, my dog is nothing like how I love my kids." Then the dog is 2nd/3rd on the list, and the kid is first :)

I have personally seen this happen, it's both funny and concerning at the same time.

macho GRANDE and Yung-T like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, she’s doing the most

My dogs would be like “Wth is this? Where the raw turkey necks at?”

BigShasta likes this.
  12. hvic

hvic Member

some people just dont want kids and nothing wrong with that. It's better than those crazy parents that have kids and keep reproducing and treat them like poo.

13. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

Yung-T, B-Bob, CCity Zero and 5 others like this.
  14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Losing a dog is hard but I couldn't imagine trying to equate that with the grief of losing a child. It's such a ridiculous comparison. Therefore, I just don't buy into any bs that says "we're doing dogs instead of children" and "our dogs are our children". BS and F**K OFF!

#14 Surfguy, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    B-Bob likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Good, there are too many people on this planet. I think it is more prudent to focus on improving the life of the people on the planet than expanding the population.

Deuce, jacoby and Joshfast like this.
  16. likestohypeguy

Yeah pretty silly. Usually said in the same tone as when people refer to their prized guitar or sports car as their baby. But even if someone really believed their adopted animal was a human kid, or believed they gave birth to it, I think I would just shrug and think they're crazy. HOwever they meant it, don't think I could get as worked up as some of you are about it. Guess others' choices/beliefs don't affect me enough to get so angry.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't have a problem with anyone choosing a dog over having kids. Nothing at all wrong with adults choosing to not have kids. I have several friends and family members who are my age and don't have kids. To each his own. Hell, no skin off my back.

That being said.....one thing that bugs the **** out of me is when I'm telling a story about my kids and someone pipes in and says something like "oh yeah, my dog is the same way!" b****, don't compare my kids to your dog.

FYI, we have a dog too. My kids LOVE him and he loves them even more. He's an awesome dog. But he doesn't compare to my KIDS.

Yung-T, B-Bob, CCity Zero and 5 others like this.
  18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

And the article didn't say anything about dogs equaling kids. All the quotes were along the lines of "it's less work" and "I have more time to go out"

?

jsingles and K mf G like this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Best way to reduce your greenhouse footprint isn't with electric cars or solar panels, it's by not having children.

Less farts or something.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

who knew the solution to overpopulation was dogs.