1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can the Rockets turn it Around?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets1995, May 21, 2018.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

This Golden State Warriors is an All Star Team, The Rockets really need Contribution from everyone. Clint Capela Shot Blocking, Rebounding has not shown up. James Harden looks Concussed with the Flu, Asthma Flare Ups. Jekyll and Hyde offense, too much dribbling. Chris Paul is injured again. Ariza is quite terrible on defense, inconsistent shooter. P.J Tucker is not included in offensive schemes in these 2 losses. Eric Gordon Shooting is up and down, mostly down in the playoffs. Luc is injured, Ryan is hated by Harden and Paul and injured ankle, no more playing time for him. Capela is not included in pick and rolls anymore, he doesn't want to play hard on defense as a result.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We did not choke. We knew that the Warriors when healthy were better than this team unless we we're completely healthy and focused.

3. RESINator

RESINator Member

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

true...but not 40pts better...

We had the #1 seed....but the Warriors are the better team...no question. Their injuries kept them out of the 1 seed....

The addition of KD is everything for them...

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm sure the Warriors fans didn't say the Warriors were chokers when we where beating them by 30 in game 2.

6. photojoe

photojoe Member

Choke City...

The Rockets were the 2 seed playing against the 3 seed Suns. They were up by 20 points in Game 2 with under 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter, and the Suns came back to win.

Last night's game was pretty embarrassing. But not even close to the same thing.

Uprising, Patience, topfive and 2 others like this.
  7. Pluplue

Pluplue Member

KD couldn't do it with two other stars, why we expecting Harden to do so much?

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Durant is literally their best player, and the biggest reason for their dominance the last 2 seasons.

9. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

20 of the 40pts came from trash time, their bottom of bench squad is much better than ours(led by Ryan Anderson) ,but that shouldn't really count.

We also led them by more than 20 points in the 3rd quarter of G2 as well, that's just how today's NBA works, too easy to get blow outs.

Patience and topfive like this.
  10. marky :)

marky :) Member

How dare you sodomize the great nickname of Clutch City with that horrible thread title.

houston19519 and topfive like this.
  11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Getting beat (no matter by what score) on the defending champions’ home court to go down 2-1 is not Choke City. I don’t think some of you guys could have survived the roller coaster of the 94 and 95 playoffs.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  12. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

no they can't turn it around, they might win 1 more game in this series, that's about it.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

How are they choking? GS is the favorite and the better team, that’s obvious. Should they be losing by 40? No. Are they expected to win this series? No.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I highly doubt. They don't seem to have what it takes. Now they have a lot talent to pull it off but the mentality isn't there.

15. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

This is stupid.... choking would be losing to Utah in the second round.

Losing to the Warriors would be losing to a superior team. No choking in that.

Ban OP.

Remlap and Patience like this.
  16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

5 star thread, something read again.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Choking would be up big in the 4th quarter then melting down and losing; or up 3-1 in a 7 game series and end up losing 4-3.

18. gogispade

gogispade Member

I said Rockets in 4 then Rockets in 5 but now I really dont see this squad putting together another 3 wins against this fully loaded and well oiled worriors team. Dont want to be a doubter but I think this is too much to ask from this team unless Harden(we all know he alone aint enough, 41), CP3 and EG goes absoluty bananas. Buuuut I still hope coach has an ace up his sleeve and will suprise the Worriors!

19. Texanstradamus

Well they have 2 chips why would they lmao

20. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This isn’t a choke. This is just how harden teams usually do it.