1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Chinese incompetency has completed ruined the year of sports, and possibly humanity

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Mar 12, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You cheap ass rat bastards can afford a computer and internet access

this just proves you guys are here to troll and not for PURE PURPOSES
    @Jontro
    @J.R.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Panic thread in times of panic.

DeBeards likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His hate is clearly shining through, he wants to articulate it as facts but he can't.

There is some space of freedom that the government allowed the population to have in this 'regime' and choosing what they eat is one of them.

Now a minority part took advantage of that and went too far, the government had to intervene.

The seafood market isn't his only problem, Chinese economic rise has been a thorn in many's eyes.

DeBeards and Jontro like this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

How about all governments and people need to do a good job about being good stewards of their people and this planet?

virus, climate change, economics, etc.

Certainly China needs a lot more regulation of wet markets, black trade in animals, etc. given how authoritative they are, and their previous history incubating some diseases, somewhat surprising they hadn’t already done so.

NotInMyHouse, Roomba and Jontro like this.
  5. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

There are good people that weigh 300lbs too. These days that's only slightly overweight. It's the 500lb+ people you need to pick on.. Those are the uncontrollable slobs.....

6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

def racist....

1. you nor him know if the virus came from said way they cook or house animals..

so he pulling **** out his ass.

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Your tune was not China should be more responsible for the rest of world in terms of public health throughout the thread. Your tune is China is so bad that let’s not have anything to do with them. Echoes the sentiments in 1930s Germans. Before you say those things, think about it - are you proposing a solution worse than the problem? is your solution or doctrine even a bigger problem?

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

China is the origin of this virus and the CCP is a scourge on humanity. Viruses come from various parts of the world and there is no point in going overboard placing blame.

9. Nook

Nook Member

The CCP is so bad that the USA and other nations would be well served to limit their reliance and interactions with them.

Andre0087 likes this.
  10. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Mein Kampf?!
    nba dish.....lmao

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

Let’s play along with that ...

US’s power to contain a single country is not what you think it is anymore. China is not Cuba or Iran either. The China effects are in more ways around you than you realize.

Case in point, US put Huawei on the entity list restricting it to have access to US businesses and US technologies, but UK still contemplating selecting Huawei for its 5G network infrastructure.

The containment approach will be hard to achieve globally and downright irrational. I gather many of you don’t go back and forth between China and US so often like I do. Containing China at the expense of US businesses and consumer interests is a ridiculous proposition that 1) will not make China any better and 2) will not make US better.

12. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]

#212 DeBeards, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    Spacemoth likes this.
  13. YallMean

YallMean Member

I encourage some you to read up on China engagement v containment. This is a century old idea influencing US policy with China. Many of your ideas are nothing new and deliberated in different phases in US China relationships.
    More or less the engagement theory is to engage China and to bring it along to the world order and the containment theory is to contain China to force it to change for the world order.
    From this very situation, one can easily see China’s influences have so far reached. It’s roughly 7 percent world GDP, 22 percent world populations and number 1 trading partner and investor to many countries including the US. If you have not recently visited Africa, please do so. You will find reach of China there is more than simply US can just somehow tell the continent to stop dealing with China and receiving money from China - China did many positive things there too.

containing the modern day China would require so much resources devoted to this effort that I doubt even the most staunch containment theorist will have the stomach to do it.

In short, engaging China is a smarter approach, more so today.

RudyTBag likes this.
  14. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

We have been engaged with the ChiCom since Nixon and Kissinger days, how does that work out for you so far? China has been at war with us since the 80s,not a single bullet has been fired, and they are winning. China’s model has always been the same: rob, replicate and replace. They will use their money to influence everyone of note around the globe, sooner or later, anything that they want, they will steal it. The Art of War( Sun Tze) has to be required reading if you want to understand our enemy and their strategy. Death by the ChiCom to us all if we don’t wake up.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Show those TRUE colors. Trump is your HERO, bigot.

16. Sanity2disChaos

Friend of mine saw a situation where a white man harassed this Asian couple. All over the virus!! Sad but it’s already started.

RudyTBag likes this.
  17. VanityHalfBlack

Bruh, you listen to podcast? Check out Michael Rappaport pod where he talks about the wet market, **** is hilarious.

tinman and DeBeards like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

I have been to China a number of times for business. The USA and West would be best served to be careful in their dealings with the CCP. The United States has made the decision to do business with China and that is not necessarily bad, but it needs to be strategic. For example the USA needs to limit their dependence on China in anyway, and the UK had taken a similar position.

As far as influence and power, the USA has no issues in that regard. With the fall of the Soviet Union someone was going to step into a power vacuum other than the USA.

The CCP is the most oppressive regime in the world.

19. Nook

Nook Member

It has been going on and it isn’t acceptable. It is also irrational. While it started as a virus in China it has spread well beyond China.

Sanity2disChaos, DeBeards and Roomba like this.
  20. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

We've been engaged with China since the Nixon days, helping to set an example early on and open up China to the world. This has provided us with cheaply manufactured goods (of oftentimes questionable quality) and allowed many Americans like myself to work overseas and become successful beyond our dreams. We've also helped more Chinese folks looking for a better life to settle in America and live the American dream. Many of these Chinese kids have become naturalized citizens, and their kids are as American as apple pie and shrimp & grits. I trust you don't have a problem with them, right?

As for your other statement: that China's model has always been to rob, replicate, and replace--well that depends on how you classify China. If you mean historically, then...no. China has historically been an incredibly innovative nation and are responsible for many things that we rely on even today. If you mean post-1949 China, then indeed. Chinese companies in all fields regularly flaunt copyright and are brazenly copying innovations from everywhere else, and it's cost me and many others lots of money--which I hate.

And here's the most important part:
    You say China is our enemy. I disagree. No country is powerful enough to truly be our enemy, though a hot war would be the world's worst nightmare. Our greatest enemy as Americans is our own mentality. We're the most powerful nation in the world and yet we're being held back by ignorance, finger-pointing, stagnation and division. You know the best way to beat China? Innovate. Embrace differences. Raise the living standards. Make America look like paradise on earth, and then you know what will happen..? The Chinese kids that move here for college will never want to leave. They'll become Americans, and relay their experiences with their family back home--of how civilized and diverse and awesome America is. And then their people back home will start dreaming the American dream again, just like my grandparents and so many others did not so very long ago. Lord knows it's not happening right now.

ps. thank you for reintroducing the word "chicom" to me. I'm going to use it as trash-talk to my defenders next time I play pickup.