1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chinanu Onuaku

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, Jul 5, 2017.

1. basketballholic

Uthoff could score 40 a night if he wanted to down there. Onuaku has no chance to do that.

Gotta watch them play.

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Yo but is Jeff whithey better than capela?

justtxyank likes this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

So he prefers to play under the level of his abilities. Sneaky! That way, the NBA teams won't take notice!

RudyTBag, Pen15clubber and BigggReddd like this.
  4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

And sturdy

topfive likes this.
  5. marky :)

marky :) Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...first-round-pick.255777/page-16#post-11456901
    :rolleyes:

justtxyank and seeingred like this.
  6. basketballholic

Not at all. Showing he can fit in. Team guy.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it is the exact opposite.

When you get into the second round, you throw fit right out the window.

DudeWah, topfive, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Yup. Slim Pickens talent wise, just gotta go with a guy you think could be a hidden gem

topfive and YOLO like this.
  9. basketballholic

Sooooooooo in our case......

Pick a guy that can't shoot, has mediocre size, mediocre athleticism??

When I say fit I'm talking about picking a guy that you can immediately plug into the rotation and get 3 to 4 years of production out of him very cheaply. Typically a college junior or senior that's being dinged because they are older and have a size deficiency or maybe they went to a smaller school or perhaps they had a recent injury, etc. that knocked down their draft value or maybe they're not considered fast or uber athletic but they've already proven they can play, they have great work ethic and great bball iq. Guys like Frank Mason for instance.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Uthoff's 3P% and ability to switch on D is actually a better fit on current Rockets team. Jopat has a style that can grate, but when he's not exaggerating for effect his basketball knowledge is very high.

I also liked Hezonja and Maker, who don't get a lot of consideration here simply because Jopat talked them up. Fit and upside for both players should make them attractive to Houston too.

11. basketballholic

I'm actually shocked Hezonja has underperformed so badly. I do feel Orlando butchered him. But it's too late now. I still believe in him very much. And I'd bet on him being a late bloomer when later bloomers are so rare in this game.

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

They don't get a lot of consideration here because they've been horrible and would have trouble cracking the rotation. Let's not act like people have a vendetta against good prospects just because jopatmac recommends them. The moment he endorses a player that makes an impact people will acknowledge it. Didn't he talk up Spencer Dinwiddie? That's a win right there.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why too late?

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Maker has only played a season and a half, plus he was considered a raw prospect to begin with. Hezonja is inconsistent, sometimes good sometimes horrible. He really did not get consistent play time early in his career. But look at other 1st rounders like Mike Beasley or Thomas Robinson who Morey took a chance on and are now at least good NBA role players.

Rockets don't necessarily need more all stars but great role players who fit current system. Shooting, length on D and athleticism are all good things to surround Harden and Paul.

I liked Dinwiddie too, not as much as holic tho. Cant get them all right I guess.

15. The Greyhound 33

Chi’s 3PT % though...

16. basketballholic

The idea that I loved Dinwiddie is way overblown and mischaracterized in typical democratic liberal fashion in desperate attempts to discredit my player analysis.

I simply believed that Dinwiddie had great potential to outperform his draft status as a second rounder. I believed he may be a cheap trade target that could outperform his trade value. And I believed he had potential to outperform many players drafted ahead of him. And I was all for trying to acquire him on the cheap. I suggested several trades for Dinwiddie so we could carry him as a THIRD POINT GUARD project.

Two of the suggested trades I made were Harrell for Dinwiddie and Terrence Jones for Dinwiddie.

Here's some of my posts concerning those trades:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...ade-ideas-2015-16.267634/page-12#post-9935733

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...ockets-point-guard.267823/page-4#post-9933163

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...ard-trade-targets.267463/page-13#post-9911442

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/lawson-trade.267582/page-38#post-9932420

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...ade-ideas-2015-16.267634/page-19#post-9964677

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...oint-guard-thread.284256/page-3#post-11217857

All of those deals are reasonable deals that we would have won in hindsight.

Not only that, Dinwiddie is breaking out this season. He's healthy finally and he's getting his chance. Excellent ball distribution, takes care of the basketball, plays defense, and he can shoot it.

Now go look at the 2014 draft. Dinwiddie is outperforming a whole bunch of first round guys, including Elfrid, Tyler Ennis, Shabaz Napier, Exum, Stauskas.....and many more. Not to mention Terrence and Harrell, the guys I suggested we trade for him.

Do you really think Dinwiddie would be a terrible fit here as the third point guard?

LOL. The joke is on all the posters who trashed me about Dinwiddie. He's a good player. And he's still going to get better.

#116 basketballholic, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This guy is on the block
    but seems ruined

Rocket River

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would take him on the cheap, his skill set (3ball, penetration, no conscience shooter), athleticism, length, ball handling and competitiveness are what Rockets and MDA want for role players.

His comoetitive fire, cockiness and arrogance are negatives on other teams but should not be on a team with Chris Paul.

Again, for right price would take him.

Rocket River likes this.
  20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden