1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016 NBA Draft/2-37] Chinanu Onuaku

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2016.

?

Do you like the selection of Chinanu Onuaku?

Poll closed Oct 26, 2016.
  1. YES

55.8%
  2. NO

44.2%
  1. onreego

onreego Member

Besides PG or playmaker, wasn't a backup center a team need with the certain departure of Dwight?

I haven't seen the games but the one thing I can say is that at least this kid can put his pride aside for something that will help. i.e. Underhand free throws. For someone whose 19 at least you know he's willing do what it takes to get better. Also, I'm not going to expect too much from a 2nd rounder.

2. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

yep!!

3. basketballholic

I was calling for Felder loud and often with one of our picks. finsraider, Felder is Delly's replacement and hes a better player than Bev.

Also somebody else here discovered and wrote about Bolomboy. Might have been Clutch. But I agree. I think Bolomboy is going to have a much better career than Nanu.

Felder would have been pretty nice here as a backup playmaker for dirt cheap for several years. Cavs homered with that buy. Grrrrrrr!

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Do we have any ex nba players who help morey in scouting and draft selection?

5. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I was clamouring for Bolomboy weeks before the draft.

End up with a guy who shoots free throws underhanded. ROFL.

Unbelievable honestly. Such a waste

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

7. basketballholic

That under handed free throw is one of the main attractions to his game. If he keeps at it he'll be at 75% or better in a year or two.

I think he's got a chance to be a decent backup big role player down the road. I just don't see much more than that in him. And I do not understand why we want a 3 year project big with a maximum upside being a quality backup at some point in the future.

But I personally love the underhanded free throw.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

SL = fool's $$$

9. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I remember telling friends Dan Langhi would be an all star........

10. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

i remember carl landry being horrible and then working on his leaping ability in between the SL and regular season, then beasting.

SL is difficult. Lot's a playing, practicing, learning and partying. Very little true offensive sets.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

McCaw is a more consistent and productive Brewer. Great effort, always moving, excellent one on one defender, very good 3 point shooter. And younger than Brewer.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Summer League equals fool's US Dollars?

13. alethios

alethios Member

Seems I remember Capela stinkin' it up in SL and CF collectively called him a bust.

On the other hand, Jeremy Lamb tore it up in SL and unfortunately, stunk once the regular season started.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:p:grin:

Basketball Operations Staff: Ian Buchanan, Kevin Burleson, John Cho, Brent Johnson, Monte McNair, Jeff Newton, Anthony Nila, Gianluca Pascucci, Jim Paulis, Marko Radovanovic, Gersson Rosas, Jason Staudt, Mitchell Vanya, Eli Witus

Any names ring a bell as players? Not for me.

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

There's one right there, Kevin Johnson. Was a pretty good player back in the day for the Suns. :cool:

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

[​IMG]

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Capella couldn't play in his first summer due to contract and then a hip injury. He was also hurt in last years summer league with tendinitis in his knee and didn't play a game. So hard to say he stunk it up.

His D-League numbers were quite good... 16/10.

18. alethios

alethios Member

Maybe not the best example but my point was that it surprising how quick people turn on a player if they don't produce good results right away. I think with some time in the D-League and with the coaching staff, Nanu can be a serviceable backup center.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You also have to mind who is saying what. A lot of people that are quick to turn on rookies are usually idiots who had unreasonable expectations.

20. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

Nah, Morey can just ask posters on this thread, they can pick much better, at least they said so positively :grin: