1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China vs USA

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by TracyMcgradyMVP, Aug 5, 2008.

1. aym

aym New Member

Consider China's PG is a dumb ass street baller who was discovered via a 3 vs 3 comp, I doubt China can win.

D'will and CP3 will break every single joint on that PG's ankle.

2. TASty SKY

TASty SKY Member

maybe you never see a chinese basketball match...........
    and you had show your Ignorant. :eek:

3. Albert Einstain

I want Teamchina to demolish the U.S.,but i don't think they can even lose to us by less than 30pts but for the 'host advantage'. :D

us 88:88 China .ot 110:88 teamus beats china.as the chinese think the number 8 is a number number, they don't want to score one more point than 88,that's the reason why they will lose to us.man, i guess yao will score 81 in that game,and yi scores the rest 7. :D

4. superweapon-yao

Yao Ming talks to Pau Gasol at Beijing Olympic Basketball Gymnasium
    2008-08-07

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ty185

ty185 Member

wanting the CNT to save energy for some more "doable" games are not that much different than wanting JVG to lose a meaningless game so we can draft one spot higher. -- and I see plenty of posters criticizing JVG for that win a couple of years ago here.

That being said, I personally am against giving up on games that's basically out of reach. if you are going to lose, lose with dignity...

However, I do think we should at least see the other perspective, where CNT made a historical breakthrough in 1996 (by advancing to top 8) thanks in part of their "strategy". From a chinese basketball perspective, looking back to that event 50 years later, I bet qualifying for the quarter finals would be a lot more important than "we fought hard on every game but lost them all"...

6. longhornchampno

I hope that will happen too. I just can't wait to see how you can puff up your manhood by gloating ...on the internet with your keyboard. It's gonna be fun to watch. I can't wait. Don't disappoint us. Bloat HARDER with your keyboard. LOL

7. cuddie

cuddie Member

Indeed....

On topic, there is a -1% chance. That's right, negative. I'd rather have Team China get eliminated early as well, we need Yao rested and 100%. It's not as if Team China has a real chance to win anything significant anyways. I saw the Australia game, and Team China just looked absolutely terrible. The only reason they didn't get completely demolished was because of wild three point shooting.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

YAO Don't talk to Gasol. Hes a Laker!!

9. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

china has no chance at all vs. the americans because china is an average international team. there are at least 10 - 15 better teams, even with yao (some of them aren't even participating). hopefully (for the rockets), china doesn't make it to the quarter finals. and if everything goes as normal they shouldn't. germany will be the 4th team that advances because they have the best player in international basketball (dirk does everything on this team, he even brings the ball up the court from time to time) and a better supporting cast (our backcourt is crappy but china's still worse) as well as better coaching.

so, china loses to the usa in the first game and goes on to only win against angola at best. spain, greece, usa and germany advance.

10. YaoTheMan

YaoTheMan Contributing Member

I want to share some exciting news. I tried very hard to get a ticket for China VS USA game, but it was simply impossible. Even GWB need some help from President Hu to get in (j/k, but he did ask). Yesterday my g/f and I got approval from parents to get married on August 18th. and Today she showed up with 2 tickets to the basketball final game on 23rd, row 3! yes baby!

I don't know if all these make sense, but I think these things are related. I am very excited right now!

btw, my g/f is the most blinded kobe lover ever. she says if kobe raped someone, he's still a hot rapist. I am gonna have to block her whenever kobe looks this way (provided Team USA makes it to the final)

11. kops630

kops630 Rookie

Hopefully so......

If we have Alston, then we would win without any doubt.

But now, it's hard to forecast. :cool:

12. conquistador#11

13. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

dude for the love of god show some spine

14. Tobe

Tobe Member

the only nation who beat the USA is my nation, Germany! ;) joke but there will be a couple of interesting games. Hope that makes the offseason short...

15. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Yeah, the key to this is the fact that eight is a number number.

I don't know if Yi can get the whole seven though.

16. kwng

kwng Member

I don't think China has chance of winning against the US. It would considered good if the game is a close. The Europeans are the one that
    could upset the US. I just hope Yao got his efficiency back and have
    a decent score against US.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who's going to guard Kobe?

Yi Janlian?

18. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

When is the game?

19. Precision340

Precision340 Member

No way China is beating USA. Go USA!! I hope China do well though.. it would be considered a great success if they medaled.

20. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

China has absolutely zero chance against the US. As someone else said, it will be a moral victory if the margin of defeat is less than 25. I predict a 5th place finish.

Oh, and Pau STILL hasn't shaved that crap off his face? Someone slip him a roofie and shave that S***!