1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China vs USA

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by TracyMcgradyMVP, Aug 5, 2008.

1. astros148

astros148 Member

I never said yao isnt a good defender, but he isnt as good as howard, thats all. And I doubt yao alters more shots then anyone else in the league. People try dunking on him all the time

Howard is still very very young

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just finished watching the DVR.

China played well.

Yao looked FANTASTIC.....if they had a more defined offense and got Yao the ball more, they would have been closer.

He was WIDE open on the roll so many times, so many times.......all they needed was someone to hit him on the roll....dang.

Yi looked like crap until late....I think the problem is that China has no definition as to what type of team they are...are they a low post team, or a drive and dish out team?

Yi thrives without Yao...and vice-versa....they need to define that team better for them to truly compete.

The US looked great......at least on their steals and dunks....BUT....they look beatable.....

Other teams like Greece, Spain and Argentina have guards that can handle that pressure......and guys that can hit the open 3.....

But GREAT GAME....and so happy to see Yao out there playing and looking PRETTY darned good.....I can not wait for the regular season.

DD

3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Did you just forget Yao was 7'5" or what?

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not even close...Dwight is country strong, but Yao is more skilled.....and a better post defender.

DD

5. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

You dont think someone who calls he's center (bynum) garbige and publicly lambests he's team regulary when things go wrong is not a cancer?. are you a laker fan by any chance?

6. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4wRZmwfy3ms&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4wRZmwfy3ms&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

eat it.

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

You're right, and Dwight is so much better at defending the rim that nobody would ever try to dunk on him.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qeLRym4Q-pg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qeLRym4Q-pg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UDjzvJYWtoc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UDjzvJYWtoc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Big men get dunked on. Period.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ifx_gRF-ouU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ifx_gRF-ouU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

And how successfull are they?

9. astros148

astros148 Member

Im sure no one has tried dunking On yao. :confused:

10. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

LMAO I give you facts and you give me OPINIONS

11. killer instinct

Last two minutes of a game.....Yao or Howard? See free throw shooting and clogging the lane on the other side.

12. ClutchCityReturns

If you want to think that blocking shots is more about being tall (in a league where the average height is 6'7") than it is about wingspan and timing (things that the better defenders usually possess) then go right ahead.

13. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

I know. he seems to me a laker fan whos only here because of one player. much like the rest of them. i wont name which player. but they tend to be not real fans.

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

A good example I would think is Josh Smith

15. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

EVERY team in FIBA is a drive and dish out team but their best 2 players play PF and C. They have the best center in the world but he was largely as a decoy to get shooters open like every other national team ( :rolleyes: ). I hate their rules and the way their refs call the games. It is intentionally skewed towards the teams with the better shooters. I guess the NBA games does a similar thing towards more athletic players.

16. ClutchCityReturns

You're right. I actually had him in my post but I revised it.

17. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

What facts, where? Your saying an expert/professional opinion from the man himself isn't as good as your half @ssed analysis?

18. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

u don't block shots with your head...howard's got long arms and mad hops...yao sure doesn't have 5" on howard when it comes to shot blocking.

19. ClutchCityReturns

Open your eyes. I was countering your post that said people try to dunk on Yao by showing you ALL big men, including Dwight Howard and the leading shot blocker all time get challenged at the rim. Yao would be included in "all big men" in case you're a little slow.

Now try again to refute my statistical evidence that Yao is more efficient offensively than Dwight. You failed miserably last time by citing completely false information.

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Dwight Howard can't get any post season success in the EASTERN CONFERENCE while being HEALTHY. Of course we haven't had any either but we've seriously lost to the better team and haven't been 100% healthy.