1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China say of Trump 'the fool builds walls'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BigDog63, Jun 18, 2018.

1. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah I need to spend less time reading threads on here.

To compare what some country did 2,000 years ago to what is happening in 2018. Is well... dumb stupid, idiotic. Unless you are joking, well then you should be a tad more clear with your humor.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  3. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

History is history. What is probably the ONE thing China is most famous for? In fact, this might be the one thing any country on earth is most known for. It's ironic to say the least. I would have thought anyone could see that. But, not surprised that even that seems impossible in these times. It's why I stopped discussing politics--it's pretty much impossible now. This seemed apolitical to me, but I guess nothing is now. :-(

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's funny. But, just goes to show how undeniable the foolishness is.

Rocket River and NewRoxFan like this.
  5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

we are going to see how this trade war is going turn out, maybe it is easy to win for Trump.

6. WNBA

WNBA Member

7. adoo

adoo Member

ur missing the point, the article was on the global trade war started by the ignorant (of history) Trump

thru out its history, china has built walls to fend off invaders; they were ineffective

the Mongols were still able to invade and rule China for ~ 3 centuries.
    as did the Manchus who later ruled China for ~2 centuries
    the dig was directed at Trump's ignorance of history, falsely claiming that
    • border walls work
    • trade wars are easy
    the last time the US started a global trade war, the Smoot-Hawley Tariff, it ushered in the Great Depression

#7 adoo, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    tmoney1101 likes this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The great wall of china... failed throughout history. The current government of China (since they overthrown the king) view the emperors of the past in very different light.

9. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

That may well be true.
    China views history in general in a very different light. They have thousands of years of it, and view things from that perspective. As to their wall, certainly not a China scholar, but it seems debatable if it were effective or not. Perhaps its purpose, much as Trump's wall, was more political in nature? Even as defense, it was there to make invasion difficult, not prevent it. Hmmm, perhaps another valid comparison.

Probably. The irony of the statement still stands, though. Which, from a political perspective, makes it fairly easy for Trump to turn around on them, especially given most people's catch phrase attention limit.

A fair point. Had they added that, it wouldn't be so ironic.

10. adoo

adoo Member

ROFLMAO

you can't possibly be this ignorant; but, then again, you're a Trump cult follower / sheep

the ignorance of your parroting of Trump lies stands

had you read the article, you'd have known that it's about china's response to the tariff war that Trump has started

additionally, had you been more informed on the history of border walls, you'd have intuitively made the connection
    between China's comment "the fool build the wall" and its response to the Trump-induced tariff war.

that's just beyond your mental capacity !

#10 adoo, Jun 18, 2018
  11. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

If you watched South Park, you'd know the wall didn't work.

[​IMG]

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The point was.... The current Chinese government (along with the current Taiwanese government) overthrew the last emperor. They DON'T take ownership of the great wall as something representative of their government. Thus, them saying foolish wall isn't ironic at all. Just trying to give you a perspective. I don't give a damn what they think of Trump or Trump's wall.

13. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Why or why is it simply impossible for liberals to respond to anything without being derogatory? Doesn't that fly in the face of your entire philosophy??

Sigh, TDS is alive and well. Couldn't find a better example of it if I tried. The post has NOTHING TO DO WITH TRUMP. I know that blows your feeble little mind, but let it sink in...maybe you'll get it eventually.

FWIW, there is indeed debate on whether the Great Wall worked or not. Here is just one such example. There are plenty of others, and it is a much discussed topic amongst history scholars. I guess they're all ignorant Trump sheep too???

Yes, I get what this is in relation to, my post was simply on the headline itself. JuanValdez got it, what's your malfunction?

You do have the right username, though, I'll give you that. Much adoo about nothing. Couldn't make that up if I tried.

#13 BigDog63, Jun 18, 2018
  14. bongman

bongman Member

HUH? Who did your leader blame for this for this mess he created? When has your leader said anything nice about the democrats and you are making this claim? Hilarious

15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Appreciate the perspective, and the objective way in which it was relayed. It is probably a valid point.

16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Who is 'your leader' in this scenario? I'm no more related to Trump than you are...in which case he's YOUR leader just as much as he is mine. How's that for 'hilarious', hmmm?

17. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

LOL. See, it is possible to respond to this thread in the spirit in which it was intended!

Rocket River likes this.
  18. bongman

bongman Member

He is not my leader. A leader by definition, leads. If you don't follow him, he is NOT your leader. Is that simple enough?

19. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

As much as I would like to say Trump is not my leader, he is the president of this country and by definition, that makes him the leader of this country.

20. bongman

bongman Member

Leaders need followers right? Do you follow him or take his lead on things he is doing ?