1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chicago Tribune draft order

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by CriscoKidd, Mar 14, 2000.

Tags:
  1. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

tHAT'S It then. We are gonna get Demarr Johnson. end of story. I guess that ends heypards talk of big men.

*wink*

------------------
    Not only am I president of the WaltWizFanClub, I'm also the member.

2. haven

haven Member

I don't think several of those will come out... it seems like they listed the draft order without even considering undergraduate plans. An interesting read, anyway.

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

"Not only am I president of the WaltWizFanClub, I'm also the member."

Oh CriscoKidd -- stop. That was too damn much... classic!

Obviously it's early so hard to critique Sam Smith for this -- he should be praised for giving it a shot -- but if Morris comes out I can't see him at the bottom of the lottery, much less Quentin Richardson and Chris Porter being mid to late first round picks.

4. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

He's got Konkac at #2 - possible #1.

CoughCoughCough

5. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I'm surprised he doesn't have Scoonie Penn or Michael Redd (both fr Ohio State)listed in his picks

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

cabbage,

So does just about every NBA scout. I guess you know something they don't?

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Cabbage,

Stop stealing my lines.

[​IMG]

DaDakota

The Mihm Koncak comparison is copyrighted by DaDakota, any attempt to use this comparison without the express written consent of the Jon Koncak for Hall of Fame committee is expressly forbiden.

8. DaDakota

Rocketman 95,

Yes he knows something they don't. As do I ...MIHM IS SOFT !!!! SOFT..SOFT..SOFT, any softer and he would be a babies ass.

DaDakota

9. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

I think this explains why they're writers, not in the NBA. I can bet you the Lakers, Rockets, or Suns were not any of those execs. Must been the Clips, and those other teams that don't know how to scout.

1. Fizer is good, but he's a true tweener. 6'7" plays PF game. Not sure I would want him that high.

2. I'll say to all you people again, the best player in the draft is DerMarr Johnson. Imagine a skinny Glen Rice with defense. If he can bulk up, he'll be a killer. #8???? Now you know why the Clips always stay on bottom.

3. Damnit, people are noticing Swift now. Argh!

------------------
    The Countdown has been terminated..and March Madness has arrived!!!

..And we're there to report it...

www.draftsource.net

[This message has been edited by rocketsfan34 (edited March 14, 2000).]

10. DocRiverPhoenixSunScreen@

Where's Mateen Cleaves? Is he not coming out?

11. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Fizer is not 6'7. I think he is like 6'9.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

12. haven

haven Member

Yay! This thread gives me the perfect excuse to ask a question that's been bothering me.

Why is Temple predicted to beat Duke by most analysts? Granted Duke is young, but they have far more talent, and in my mind, a better coach. They even have the weapons to beat Temple's zone. Pepe Sanchez is a good player, but I wouldn't even say he's as good as Carrawell or Jason Williams.

Duke played better in the regular season... and has more talent... why would Temple win this game?

When I pick my brackets, I call occasional upsets... but to say that Temple is the favorite against Duke, seams a little much to me.

13. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

Vlade Divac, Rony Seikely (sp.), David Robinson, Erik Dampier & Ric Smits are all soft like baby bottoms too, but they all are nice to have on your team. Soft 7 footers with Joe Blow athleticism (versus pathetic athleticism like most of them) get big pay checks and are in high demand by NBA teams. Mihm will be no different, and we would be lucky to have him on our team.

14. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

What this list also shows is how much better pick it is if we make sure a 6 or 7 pick. Then we are talking picking a D. Johnson, or a Swift or a Woods or a Martin or Fizer or T. Morris. If it is a 11 or 12 pick then we can just hope somebody slips through (but then you wonder why they slipped) or take your chances of a decent but less athletically gifted player (Morris Peterson, Thomas or Murphy).

We cannot afford to have a sustained winning streak now. In fact 500 ball form here on out might lose as 3 slots as well, too much is at stake, we need the Ls. We need to get more guns for next year and years to come, this is our best chance for a great pick in years. (Wow, I never thought I would use an expression the NRA would love)

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Thank you sir scarvajal.

It would be one thing if Mihm was only projected by a few scouts and "experts" as one of the best in the NCAA. However, it is unanimous. The only criticism of Mihm, outside of those who believe one more year of college would really help him, has come from a few on this board.

What are y'all doing right now? Are y'all preparing to watch 16 games a day on Thursday and Friday because you want to, or because it's your job?

Because those whose job it is to watch these college players all believe that Mihm will be a top pick in the NBA draft.

I'm still convinced that you haven't watched him play. The guy has had a double double in nearly 75% of his games EVER. When you're always doubled, sometimes tripled or even quadruple teamed, and you still put up those numbers, you are not soft. Add to that fact that he's only had one year (when Axtell was here) that the Horns have had a legitimate outside threat, that number is even more impressive. He is a very athletic and talented center.

And the select few in here are the only ones blind to that fact.

[This message has been edited by Rocketman95 (edited March 14, 2000).]

16. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I think I did a better job than this fishhack and that's not saying much considering how poorly I put mine together. Atleast I didn't forget Redd and Penn and Cleaves for that matter. This guy knows nothing.

17. DaDakota

PEOPLE,

Sam Bowie was selected ahead of MJ. Think about that....people will be making the same mistake with Mihm.

I have watched him get HUMILIATED by anyone with an attitude that UT plays. Mihm may be a decent player, but do not count on him to be anymore then a decent role player.

I would take him over Cato though, because Mihm can at least score.

DaDakota

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

RF34,

DeMarr Johnson = Rice?

I'll imagine a "skinny Rice" when he pulls Cincy together in this period of turmoil and wins the damn tourny in Rice fashion.

Until then, he's a skinny college shooter.

------------------
    Ignore all Heypartner comments regarding college players, he doesn't watch NCAA due to a forced trade with his girlfriend--Rockets Tickets for No NCAA.

19. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Sam Bowie's career was curtailed by chronic injuries, not a lack of talent. There was not a lot made of the fact that he was selected ahead of Jordan at that time. It was certainly a reasonable pick, considering Portland had taken Clyde the year before. Unless you know for a fact that a guy will suffer chronic injuries that will severely hamper his career, it makes no sense to compare them.

20. grummett

grummett Contributing Member