1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chicago Gonna Chicago] Teen murdered on family's front porch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

My head spins. You are a teach in LA Unified.

Chicago Public Schools is a BAD school district. The fact is more likely that students in South Side Chicago are not and will not ever be qualified for anything more than minimum wage roles.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do teach within LAUSD. Would you like some grammar lessons? Since you aren't a student then there is no ethical gray area regarding tutoring.

Plenty of students from CPS seem to do alright.
    https://blog.cps.edu/2016/09/05/cps-students-set-record-high-grad-rate-2016/

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/selective-cps-high-school-not-needed-for-success-u-of-c-study/

Here are some others run by the public school system of Chicago

I'm joking of course about the tutoring you for grammar. I don't really care about any errors in your posts. I make plenty myself.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Chicago police lost their black panther signal

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Chiraq has had a couple of extraordinarily violent weekends.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Poor whites actually commit violent crime MORE OFTEN than poor blacks.

https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=5137

This shows that you have bought into the propaganda that blacks are more violent than whites

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

So you're not disputing his claim that the black murder rate is 4 times higher than the rest of the country. You just want to point out that nonfatal violence is about the same between poor whites and poor blacks.

7. Nook

Nook Member

There were 102 shootings and 14 dead over the Father's Day weekend.

Almost all of the shootings and deaths were in one of 3 different neighborhoods.

Gun violence in Chicago is out of control and has been for many decades.

Almost all the shootings are ambush style so carrying a gun for defense does little.

In many cases they are using scopes, semi automatic or high power hand guns.

90-95% are gang related with them being black shooters and victims in most cases, and the remainder being Hispanic.

The white kids come from the suburbs and buy heroin and other drugs from the gangs in these same neighborhoods..... you can actually see them walking down the street to get back on the train or back in their cars. They are never shot because the gangs need the buyers.

There are an incredible number of different gangs in the Chicago area and that is part of why there are so many shootings.... you have so many gangs, with neighborhoods so close together that when they see each other in public they begin shooting.

The gang activity used to be centered in a few housing projects.... but there were 5 or more kids dying every weekend in these half mile areas, so the city tore them down....... now the violence has mushroomed as a result.

The actual violence is arguably worse than it was in past decades, the difference is that the survival rate has increased because the ER's are so adept at treating gunshot wounds now.

The crimes are very hard to solve because they are crimes of opportunity and are done so quickly.

Also the median income in these neighborhoods is $15,000 - $25,000.

#307 Nook, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Blacks commit more total murders at only 14 percent of the population.

Andre0087 likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

That doesn't surprise me. If you look at the history of Chicago....... a hundred years ago a lot of the violent crime was from Italian and Irish neighborhoods.

tinman likes this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

That's because blacks have a much higher poverty rate - the point being poverty is what leads to violent crime, not the color of your skin. But I guess you just feel being black makes someone more violent.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So you've questioned my judgment twice after arguing a 2 year old post. I believe hype and am racist against myself. Hispanics dont have our violence problem. Notice the word "our". I believe we will never solve our problems without honesty.

Black on black violence stems from self hatred which we can trace through our history in this country but it's a problem only we can solve.

Believe me I give a **** about black people waaaaay more than you.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Just stating that poverty is the key indicator to violence, not race. All these claims about blacks being more murderous is an attempt to paint something about black people or culture when really it's about poverty which should be obvious to anyone

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I'm just stating the facts. You are misinterpreting things.

The reason hispanics have a lower violence rate is because immigrants in general are far less likely to commit crime and a large portion of hispanics are immigrants.

But the point here is that poor whites or poor blacks - poor people commit violent crime. It's not a black or white thing as you and so many other claim.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad someone here cares about Chicago

15. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Your claim about poverty as a key indicator to nonfatal violence is true based on your study. It found that poor whites are more violent than poor blacks, but not by much.

pgabriel's claim about blacks being more murderous is also true by the numbers. He can't prove it is a result of self-hate, but I would agree with him before agreeing that poverty is the reason.

For whatever reason, no other group of poor people murder as much as poor black people.

You are not being honest explaining away the murder rate of black people with poverty when other people in poverty don't murder as much.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

But Hispanics are poor right? There are more Hispanics than blacks. They didn't all just get here.

Poor whites violence is familial poor black violence is random

17. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh depends on where the Hispanics live.

In Chicago, Humbolt Park is the third most violent neighborhood in the city and it is primarily Hispanic. It has similar financial conditions as the neighborhoods surrounding it that are black, and it is almost as violent. it is overran with gangs. The Puerto Rican part of Chicago also has a very high crime rate.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Again, immigrant communities are different - i've stated that before.

But the fact is that a poor black is no more likely to commit a violent crime than a poor white. If that doesn't mean anything to you, I'd be very surprised.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Do you have any data to say that poor whites murder at a lower rate than poor blacks?

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If I walk through a poor white neighborhood I'm not as likely to be a victim as in a poor black neighborhood because victims of violence know their assailants.