1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cherish your mother]I'm so damn frustrated!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I need to vent about this godforsaken disease that is slowly taking my mother from my family, and my dads spirit.

i don't understand why my mom had to develop this condition. Such a strong woman, not working to take care of me and my siblings when we were small while dad worked, taking a job as a secretary when I was a freshman in high school, putting herself through college while working to get her bachelors degree, and moving up the rank in our school district to become an adminsitrator in charge of workers comp, safety, and even transportation.

Because of this frontal temporal dementia, my dad is taking the brunt of taking care of mom full time, and its wearing him out...mentally, physically, spiritually, and financially

My dad had to take mom to baylor medical again this past week. For some reason, they are requiring him to pay up front on many of the tests they are running...spinal taps, labs, psychoanlysis...and me and my brothers and sisters are all paying, because dad is trying to do all he can on his retirement check.

Now, we are told that the doctors have ruled out alzheimers, and they want to run more cat scans because a possible build up of pressure on her brain, run xrays on her chest, and possibly, operate to relieve pressure if found, which will slow the progression of this damned terminal disease, and they are asking for close to one thousand dollars up front.:mad::mad:

The family has already tapped out our savings, and so where the hell do they expect us to pull this money out of?

Doctors also want to put mom and antidepressants because they think she is depressed because she can't communicate, and they also think that she may be developing bronchitis.

I just don't know what to do and its so damned frustrating. I see her and dad every day, I have nothing left to give out of my once a month paycheck, I have nothing left of value to sell...I just sold my Glock, cancelled any summer plans I had, and I've already downsized my vehicle to get rid of that payment, quit smoking to save $80 a month on cigarettes, and my brothers and sisters are all in the same boat.

I've asked before, and I'm forced to ask again. I hate to do it, but I will do whatever to get mom her treatment and give dad some relief.

Can anyone please help and donate anything you can. One, two, five, ten, anything. if you can't if you can please please please pass my donation link to someone that might be able to help, a little or even better, any considerable amount...collectively, the members must know someone that can offer some help.

I don't have anywhere else to turn. Banks don't even let me in the door, mom and dad have small extended families.

What else am i supposed to do. What else can I do?

I'm so frustrated and I don't know how else to help. I've done everythning I can but in the end, after everything my family and I do, in the end, we don't have enough money to help my mom and dad.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone or make anyone feel uncomfortable.

Please donate here, and/or share and spread this link>>>http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fu...anything-for-her-but-he-needs-help-too/137229

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Don't even know what to say bro. Just keep your head up and you and your family stay strong.
    I'm sure others on here and myself will keep you and your family in our prayers.:(

3. Nook

Nook Member

I am very sorry to hear about your mother. You seem very proud of her and love her very much.

4. lean

lean Member

I donated. not much, hope it helps

5. dback816

dback816 Member

Donated, hope it helps.

6. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Thank you for your prayers, thoughts, and generosity. I pray we can reach the goal before Tuesday,which is when the appointment is scheduled.

7. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Stay strong man :/

8. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

The last time you started a thread asking for money, you told people the money was for paying for home health and medicines for your mother.

Then you used the funds to remodel your parents house by adding a window to a wall. :confused::confused:

I also noticed you updated your website the same day you bumped the thread back up, asking for more money. You weren't asking for money to help with medical expenses -- you were asking for money to help buy them plane tickets and hotels so that they didn't have to drive such long distances to the doctor's office.

I thought it was great how CF responded to your initial plea for help. I was disgusted to see you used it to remodel a house and then asked for more money to buy plane tickets and a hotel. If I'm scrapping every dollar I can to pay for my parents health bills, I'm not wasting a cent on plane tickets and hotel bills. Then it turns out, while you're asking for money from this community, you had a trip planned to Vegas the entire time. Why would you not cancel that first and any other trips before asking for stranger's money?

I've held this criticism in, but I just can't anymore now that you've started another thread again asking for money. It's offensive to me that you would take people's donations and do something with the money other than what you said it would go for.

1 person likes this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm really sorry for your mother. What I would do is find a job with insurance. Me working in the medical field, those test don't add up. Something is fishy with the Healthcare system or something else.

1 person likes this.
  10. playlife

playlife Member

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I got so confused between Longtimefan and Longhorn fan

13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I asked him to change his name years ago and even offered him a super sized Milky Way.

1 person likes this.
  14. HPD

HPD Member

WTF ....... OP hope u have explenation.....

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

^
    I wound like to here what this kid comes up with next.

#15 Roc Paint, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It's probably going to be another drawn out spiel of how nothing is going his way, and how nobody seems to care. Blah blah blah

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Uh oh...there is a trial under way in Clutch Fans court....Judge CF Community residing. Please take your seats people.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This dude is going to ask strangers for money before he even puts the money in for his own family, that's pretty cold. Smh.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

For further investigation can someone link me to the original.

20. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

[​IMG]