1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Check This Out

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeff, Aug 2, 2000.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

This is a letter to the editor from the Chronicle. Talk about harsh.

'Party of liberals, liars'

The last few weeks have clearly shown once again what the Democratic Party believes.

Decrying tax cuts for the rich (5 percent of whom pay over 40 percent of the taxes), they instead want to redistribute this wealth to buy votes.

Somehow, their twisted logic says, the losers in society deserve the rewards of others' hard work.

About 40 percent of voters steadfastly support Democrats.

I refer to the Democrat Party as the "4-L Club": the party of the liberals, lawyers, liars and losers.

The Founding Fathers were truly omnipotent when they denied an equal vote for everyone.

Changing that may turn out to be one of the most critical errors in this great country's history.

Jeff Thomas, Houston

------------------
    Save Our Rockets and Comets
    SaveOurRockets.com

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

What a fine, upstanding citizen. Yeesh.

I guess that, following the same convoluted logic, the Republican party must be the "4-C club":

Cash, Criminals, Corruption & Clowns.

------------------
    Bring It!!

3. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Well, I don't really think lawyers are any more likely to be Democrats than they are to be Republicans.

And I don't think the Democrats have a monopoly on lying.

AND, the Democrats tend to win about 50 percent of the time, so 'losers' isn't really apropos either.

That leaves 'liberals'. Hard to argue with that one-- unless you actually understand what the word 'liberal' means, in which case it's hard to call many Democrats 'liberals'. A lot of conservatives are fond of calling the Clintons 'liberal', but Clinton's track record indicates he didn't have the balls to actually be a liberal once he was elected.

------------------
    I didn't use the cocaine to get high, I just liked the way it smelled.

4. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

How true, how true. Bravo, Mr. Kagy!

------------------
    Bring It!!