1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Check out my fantasy team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Brett, Aug 21, 2000.

1. Brett

Brett Member

Hey guys, my first post!!

Anyway, im in a fantasy league and was wondering if you fantasy buffs could rate my team.

G - Derek Anderson
    G - Michael Dickerson
    F - Grant Hill
    F - Danny Fortson
    C - Ben Wallace

thanks!

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

G - Derek Anderson
    G - Michael Dickerson
    F - Grant Hill
    F - Danny Fortson
    C - Ben Wallace

What kind of league are you in? Does it have roto style scoring or fantasy points?

On first glance, I don't like that team at all. On second glance, I still don't like it much. Hill wouldn't be my first choice for a franchise player. Anderson is okay, I guess. The others are just role-players.

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel-boy.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Dickerson is better than Anderson. I'm in that league too, and that's one of the better teams in the league. We have 29 teams and draft in rounds 1-6, so after 5 rounds that's a pretty good team for our league. Trust me. Here's my roster- some of these guys you may not like but I am always looking for fantasy sleepers and may have found two.

Shaquille O'Neal
    David Robinson (Robinson is a MONSTER on our system, better than in real life)
    Tom Gugliotta
    Jason Terry
    Chucky Atkins

------------------
    Looking for next year's Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net

Assimilate David Falk!!

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This has nothing to do with your team, but as a side story, I think the ultimate fantasy league player is a healthy

Jason Kidd-

I had him on my team a couple of years ago when he had that awesome year, boy was that fun. THe kid was putting up triple-double or close to triple-double numbers every night. Of course, if youre looking solely for scoring, he isnt your guy though, but I dont like leagues that do that.

------------------
    Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women!

[This message has been edited by JayZ750 (edited August 22, 2000).]

5. Brett

Brett Member

6. Steve

Steve Member

check out my All-Star Squad:

Kendall Gill
    Ray allen
    Chris Gatling
    Jim Jackson
    Nick Van Exel
    and i got one more pick left

------------------
    "And Raul missess the Penalty in the 89th minute of the Euro2000 and Spain is sadend again" by Spanish Fan

7. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Just looked over the teams.

I think Golden State and Phoenix are the strongest.

Your team is pretty nice too, Cat.

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel-boy.

8. The Cat

I won the championship last year with a final roster of Duncan, Kobe, Webber, Cassell, and Croshere. My team isn't the absolute best now, but I really love Atkins and Terry (they'll play big minutes this year) and I think they'll surprise some people. All you have to do is sit pat and wait on a few good trades. They'll come if you stay patient.

------------------

Assimilate David Falk!!

9. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cat-Be careful on Terry. I thought I heard they were trying to acquire a veteran PG (they wanted Greg Anthony, I believe) to start in front of Terry. Atkins is a smart pick, part of his deal is Detroit promised him starting PG, so Cleaves can't kick him out. Also, is Googs expected to make it back for game 1? I thought I read somewhere he's expected around midseason.

------------------
    The Serious Police are watching.
    Follow the rules or be assimilated.
    Shandon is underrated.

10. The Cat

Nike,

Googs is expected back around December 1st, which is why he fell to my draft pick. Terry I had been VERY nervous about, as they were trying to get Anthony and Hunter at different times. But, after Anthony backed out and resigned with Portland, they gave up and signed Anthony Johnson to be their backup PG and promised him the backup PG spot, because no good PGs were left. I should be okay there.

------------------

Assimilate David Falk!!