1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charlie Rose Sexual Harrassment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketsjudoka, Nov 21, 2017.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm posting this here than in D & D as I don't think this is explicitly political and more about culture. Mods if you think this belongs in D & D though please move it.

I admit I've been a Charlie Rose fan and I've been both shocked and deeply dissapointed in these allegations. On one hand there have been a lot of rumors about Charlie Rose being a ladies man one of the running jokes on CBS this morning was regarding Charlie Rose as a bit of a Lothario. In that sense I'm not surprised that there are allegations against Charlie Rose and those are bad enough. What I'm really dissapointed by is the nature and crudeness of what he is accused of. My image of Rose as being a person who was suave and sophisticated who charmed women is shattered to think he is more of a creep who did things like have underlings watch him naked as he showered. So far he hasn't denied any of these allegations only to say that he misinterpreted them.

I watched CBS this morning and the pain on Gail King and Norah O'Donnell's faces are very clear. It's much different than jokes that they previously made about Charlie Rose's love life.

Here is the original article on the allegations towards Charlie Rose.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...81fd63f174d_story.html?utm_term=.87bd3c9455e4

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I'll give CBS News credit as they aren't backing off of this but are leading the nightly news with this story.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Stephen Colbert is leading off with a lot of jokes about Charlie Rose. I understand he's a comedian but this seems pretty harsh for someone he's called a friend on the very day he was fired.

Sajan likes this.
  8. Roscoe Arbuckle

I flirt with women all of the time. I strike out alot, as well. But some of these allegations today seem pretty harmless. Seriously, who doesn't walk around naked in front of women back in the day?

9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Whats with all these guys wanting to take showers in front of the woman? Or whipping out your dick like louis ck
    ?
    That seems like such a low grade move. What did charlie rose think the woman would do? Look at his dick and immediately want him?

I dont understand or pretend to know women but the amount of dick whipping out and trying to shower in front of someone is too damn high

[​IMG]

These guy suck at trying to get laid

Sajan and da_juice like this.
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

Interestingly thing is I’m sure most these guys thought they got away with it too, thinking phew, I’m glad I made it out, but just like steroids, your past will catch up to you eventually even if it’s 20 year later when science, technology, culture, and history catch up to you. And that could be any one ofus. We all have thought with our dicks at some point. These guys just got caught. Nobody’s bacon is lean. Part of it was they were never called out early on, part of it was they thought it worked or had a decent success rate, and for some it is part creep, but think in general it’s the Dick in a box getting the best of their brain. They are falling one by one. And guess what, it just goes to show you that the Catholic Church is the norm, not the outlier, this is what guys do, they think with their dicks.

da_juice and ROCKSS like this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I was talking to a friend, a guy, about this the other day and I've wondered if sending dick pics or exposing yourself, especially to women who you don' know or don't know very well if that works.. It's not something I've ever done or even considered doing but you hear it very often and not just from famous or powerful people. My friend brought up this episode of How I Met Your Mother where exposing yourself guarantees you get sex.

Granted this is fiction but the writers were influenced by something to do this. Also flashing and sending dick pics was already a thing before this episode came out.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't know man. Those flirty scenes look harmless and funny awkward.

If that's what it takes to make people suspect the worst, daily life will suck even more.

Not to say the allegations on paper aren't rotten, but that clip is tone deaf at a different level.

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

That video is from a while ago before any allegations, and it wasn't accusing him of anything.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That makes more sense then.

I got nothing to say.

Nah, I do. I think it's because I spent some time watching videos of an old man hugging and sniffing women and sometimes little girls in public settings looking for signs of bad touchiness.

This is where I gotta say **** the internet and take a break from the news.

#14 Invisible Fan, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I.D.I.O.T.

17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What did Lauer supposedly do?

20. conquistador#11

2 out of three times. it works. guaranteed.