1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charles Manson Goes to Hell

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This is a thread about the death of Charles Manson, right? I hope he suffered a great deal of pain at the end. While I don't believe there is a Hell, if per chance one exists, Manson will certainly be there in its deepest, darkest, hottest hole.

2. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

No one has met a creator. No one has physically been resurrected from the dead. All life appears to have formed randomly through evolutionary processes over personal design. There's no singular religion which everyone can agree is right that was actually handed down from a creator to show us how to live our lives. Instead all religions seem to have stemmed from different remote parts of the world with sometimes good rules like (don't kill, don't steal) along with sometimes bad rules (condoning slavery, ritual human sacrifice). The fact no religion has gotten the age of the universe right or predicted things like evolution or as Mr. Carroll stated useful information like germ theory, or what the physical stuff of the universe is made of. The fact that as far as the universe is concerned, it doesn't seem to care about right or wrong despite the fact that we humans do. More than willing to grant I could be wrong as it's just my opinion but I picture a world ran by a creator a lot more differently than the world we experience.

I legitimately think if we had a personal creator, we'd be able to unanimously identify that creator just as easily as we could identify Texas on a map. I think every person would be religious and everyone would have access to the same global rules which applied the same to everyone. I think those rules would be immutable, unchanging and truly perfect. There would not be any favoritism of one tribe from thousands of years ago over the billions on this world. In other words there would be no need for governmental law to interpret right or wrong for us or to enforce the law as our creator would be the enforcer. We wouldn't need to go back and change the rules to allow women the right to vote, or give a non-land owner or a racial minority an equal vote, or decide which recreational drugs are allowed or prohibited.

There would not be any countries or dividing lines. We'd all have the same unanimous creator that would provide for us what we need to know to live our lives, what rules to follow, what punishments there are for breaking those rules; If an afterlife did actually exist, we'd know about it as our all knowing creator would provide that information too. I legitimately think it would and should be plainly obvious if we live in a universe made by a creator. There shouldn't be any mystery to it. And I'm sure there's some justifications that can be made to explain why a creator would make the world we live in and experience as it is right now, but I just think those justifications are ambiguous at best. Again, just my opinion.

Right now, science says the universe is made of fields and things like light are waves that excite those fields. When you look at that wave, what you see is a particle. What's really there is immensely richer than that, because instead of seeing the whole wave, you just get to witness a part of that wave.

3. what

what Member

I don't see any facts in your essay here. I see a lot of opinions. If the universe was formed randomly, why hasn't it happened again in some other place: earth seems to be fine tuned to its task and if the universe just spontaneously popped into existence: why is earth the only known example of this?
    Also, you don't know that anybody has or hasn't met the creator. I'm not sure what being physically raised from the dead is evidence of a creator. There are immutable rules, such as the law of cause and effect and it is unchanging.

I think that if this is the reason you don't believe in a creator, then your justification seems a bit hackneyed at best.

4. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

[​IMG]