1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charles barkley bark his opinion about lequit decision

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by got em COACH, Jul 9, 2010.

1. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

<object width="388" height="394" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba&videoId=channels/nba_tv/2010/07/08/20100708_lebron_barkley.nba" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba&videoId=channels/nba_tv/2010/07/08/20100708_lebron_barkley.nba" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="388" wmode="transparent" height="394"></embed></object>

2. NerdJames

NerdJames Member

oh yeah he definity should be the one talking

3. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

i cant beleive im sayin this but i agree with everything barkley said

4. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

He's right.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i completely agree with barkley.

the ONLY way for lebron to get that "stigma" that kobe had was if he wins an MVP playing with these guys AND win the championship.

kobe never won an MVP with shaq. nor was he more dominant than shaq.

if lebron and wade split the dominance, he'll have the same stigma as kobe.

but i'm glad barkley got it right that lebron is the best player in the L. it was weird seeing some calling lebron the best, then when kobe was in te finals, they called kobe the best.

6. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

I agree with what Charles says but this quote sticks out to me: "Cleveland was one of top 6 teams in the league"

....with LBJ. I am sorry but they have an absolutely hideous roster in comparison to top 6 elite teams. They were a collection of hard working role players. That's it. You cannot win a championship without another superstar and Antawn Jamison/Mo Williams are no where near that....not in the least...

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

everyone will know that next year. and lebron will get more love next year when cleveland sucks.

8. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

This is one of those times where Barkley is on point. No comedy, no bizarre analysis... he just hit it on the head.

9. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

He made a good valid point if you ask me. Lequit wants to be a global icon. Look at jordan and kobe and you can see how they became a global icon. 1 team with many championships.

Why piggy back wade's team when you're only 25 and in the beginning of your prime? I expect him to leave cleveland once he hit 30 and win it somewhere else if you can't get it done there. Just like how i rooted for KG to win it when he went to the celtics because he tried to bring minny a championship. He stuck by them but his window of opportunity was getting smaller. Just like Barkley. He ask the suns to be traded to a winning team. As a good service man for the suns organization. They granted him his opportunity to join the rockets. Leaving on good terms as well payton, malone, and kg,

Look at John Elway. How sweet it was to finally win it with the team you started with. People will always remember Elway for that and I will always remember lebron as the guy who find an easy way out.

10. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Barkley... Thank you. I agree 100%.

11. yo

yo Contributing Member

Said a lot of good things, but one thing he's a bit off on is about giving props to Kobe not bolting the Lakers when things were a bit down after Shaq left. He acknowledges that he "b****ed and complained", but Kobe did ask to be traded. So I don't think Kobe is necessarily a shining example of loyalty and persistence that Barkley sort of makes him out to be.

12. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Agree 100% with Barkley. He hit it spot on.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

First of all he has to win those rings with the other two and create this STIGMA. one goal at a time dude.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol @ Barkley who's got no rings. The same Barkley who teamed up with Hakeem and the glide, then Pippen.
    Take a good look at KG and you know what happens when you are stuck in a situation. MJ and Kobe were in better environments with better coach, owner (a joke) and front office.

15. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

I seriously doubt that he wants to end up like KG - look how much carrying mediocre Minny squads all those years took out of him. His best years were wasted away and now it's likely that he ends his career w/ only one ring.

Lebron wants multiple rings and to build a dynasty in his prime and staying in Cleveland does NOT give him that chance.

16. clippy

clippy Member

It was the right decision because Lebron knows that in the end for him to be considered a legend, he'll have to win. He wasn't going to win squat in Cleveland with that band of scrubs and aging all-stars; now he has the 2nd best player in the NBA and one of the best big men, both in their primes. Get an adequate center and a few vets to sign for the min and this team is going to be historic.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That's the way I see it. Moreover I think he tries to be more of a passer and rebounder - a triple threat than a scorer. I think that's what appeals to him the utmost. I like him because he's after that scorer title that McGrady and Bryant were once. Not a bad decision for a 25 year old. Not bad indeed. Maybe it turns out wiser than most think.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

My bad. He is clearly not after the scoring title.

19. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

People keep talking about how the ring would meant more if LeBron won it in Cleveland. Sure, probably. Maybe he would deserved more respect for doing that, sure. But he realized he had the opportunity to create a legend.

One or two rings in Cleveland would not make him a legend. 3+ in Miami will. LeBron preferred the dynasty rather than the individual accomplishments. I can respect that too.

20. Steve_Francis_rules

You do realize that Phoenix was Barkley's second team, right? That he left Philadelphia in the prime of his career to play for a team with a better chance of winning a championship?

1 person likes this.