1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Change is Overrated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Jul 1, 2010.

1. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Let's stay with what we have, I'd rather win several with this team than 1 with a Bosh. Plus we're adding another injury prone look alike to Martin and Yao.
    * Young upcomming talent (Hill - Lottery Pick, Bud, JT, and Patterson)
    * Reliable, stay out of trouble vets (Martin, Brooks, Lowry, Battier, Jeffries, Scola, Yao, Hayes)
    * Our 2nd team (Hill, Jeffries, Battier, Lowry, and Bud) is better than most starting teams. This is a decided advantage to keeping Yao and Martin healthy. Reduces minutes required by both of them. With Bosh we will deplete the bench strength significantly
    * Top quality draft picks for the next couple of years, which allows us to continue to build the organization through the draft. We won 2 titles because of drafting the Dream

I'm ready to roll with what we have, while being able to keep Scola and Lowry.

BOTTOM LINE OUR TEAM wins against 2 or 3 Superstars every time. Why, our bench will kill their bench consistently and we will be fresher during the playoff run.

2. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Do you want a championship? If yes, then some change is needed.

3. Htownplaya94

Htownplaya94 Member

Our current roster is only 2nd round material.

4. bcast89

bcast89 Member

You can't win several without winning ONE first. So, I like our chances with Bosh and whatever is left of our roster if we can pull a sign and trade with Toronto.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

change is overrated, improvement is not.

6. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

this team, as is, could not win a 7-game series against the Lakers...regardless of what happened 2 years ago...

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree that team with a bit more development from the young guys could win it all.

DD

8. Htownplaya94

Htownplaya94 Member

To bad the young guys will be traded to get Bosh.

9. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Where does Bosh get you, if you don't have a bench to rely on? Bosh will at least require Scola, Battier, and Jeffries or Hill to achieve the max money he is looking for. Then our bench looks like Chuck, Jeffries, Hill, Bud, and unknown point guard plus our draft picks. Lowry is looking for a starting job.

Just understand, we need a bench to compete in today's NBA. Getting Bosh hurts our bench strength. Plus, we have enough scoring without Bosh, Martin, Brooks, Yao, and Scola. Trevor is the 5th option on this starting lineup.

10. SleepingGiants

Our 2nd team (Hill, Jeffries, Battier, Lowry, and Bud) is better than most starting teams.

WAT

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I also agree that this team with a little more Yao insurance could win it all.

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We would give the Laker's fits, because you can throw but Ariza and Battier on Kobe. The only player that gives us trouble is Gasol who can also post up Bosh. I like developing Hill who has potential and athleticism to give Gasol trouble. KG had Gasol in his pocket on the post, because of his lack of lateral movement.

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Our 2nd unit could give teams that didn't make the playoffs a run for their money.

14. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

This is what we would give up to get Bosh = AB, Jordan, Jared Jeffries, which by the way isn't enought to get the max salary for Bosh. Are we ready for Lowry to start at PG... We just took away the space for Yao and Bosh to operate because Kobe is sitting in their laps not holding non shooting Lowry. Que up the Celtics tape of him not guarding Rondo.

"The team could offer a players like Jordan Hill, Aaron Brooks and the expiring contracts of Jared Jeffries and David Anderson for Bosh. "

15. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Brad Miller

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm just fine with Lowry starting at PG with Bosh and Yao getting 70% of the touches.

17. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I think we can get Bosh without giving up much of the young talent. One of Hill or Patterson plus picks, along with expirings like Jeffries and Battier, isn't too bad for Toronto is it? I mean, Miami couldn't really offer much more could they? In that case, we'd still have Brooks, Lowry, Budinger, Martin, Ariza, one of Hill or Patterson, and Taylor. All of those guys are still pretty young, and Bosh isn't old either. I think we could win many championships like that.

Though maybe I'm being unrealistic thinking we wouldn't have to give up much to get Bosh. But, would Hill or Patterson+Battier+Jeffries+Picks+possibly cash be very unrealistic for Bosh? It isn't like Toronto is trading him while hes on contract

18. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

This wouldn't work in the playoffs, because the top teams would not hold Lowry on the 3 point arc. Jason Kidd, Darren Williams, Kobe, CP3 would just sit in Yao and Bosh lap as they tried to post up.

Let's be real, Kyle is not an excellent shooter after 3 or 4 years in the league, dude can't shoot straight. This cost the Celtics the title plus Kendrick Perkins getting hurt.

19. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We need $22 mln in salary to match a SnT Battier and Jeffries get you $14 mln, where does the other $8 mln come from?

20. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Hill is another 2.8 million, and maybe throw in Anderson for another 2.7 million.

But from there, uhh.....

Dang :(