1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons offended how the Rockets treated him in free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 14, 2014.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Why didn't the best recruiter just recruit Bosh, so they would match and he'd stay? GTFO

3. rocketsmetalspd

Good Luck in Big D Parsons. We will see how much of a franchise player you really are. I can't wait for the first game against the Mavs.

4. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

What a bitter girl

5. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

lmao Parsons. This reminds me of you saying you're the best SF in the series. Thank Morey for that contract. Being a restricted free agent made another team OVER bid for you. Had you been an UFA you probably would have a contract similar to Arizas.

All is well, you're in Dallas, so I don't care much for you anymore bud.

6. vernonmaxwell11

exactly, does he not understand that we did him a solid and he bailed?

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

You guys are a fickle bunch... of course players would be offended by this. They won't just be like "Yeah coach, team first! Go get a player to replace me because I'm not good enough to be your 3rd best! And if you don't land that so called player then I would be more than happy to return until yall can replace me with someone who is capable of winning a ring!" Yeah, right.

Sort of unrelated to that, I just don't like the way our team handles free agency. How about we actually take care of OUR players rather than ignoring them while whoring ourselves out to the already ego-maniac superstars. I wouldn't call it sickening, but definetely annoying.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Pretty sad. This guy came into the league, attached himself to a class act like Scola and was just the most humble and polite as they come.

He attaches himself to Dan Fegen and all hell breaks loose.

Chandler seems like he was raised in a good home with good ethics. I think he's talking himself up but I'm not entirely sure he's really that guy. He's playing a part like an actor on TV IMO.

Your better than this Chandler. Its not going to be July free agency forever. The real test comes from October to June. Times are going to be tough, and Dallas has its share of harsh critics as well. Go ask James Harden about how things change when your paid and crowned the superstar of the franchise.

Only this time, you are claiming yourself as the superstar when you are surrounded be one of the greatest players of all time, and many other true veteran players that might get not take likely him walking on the court demanding the superstar treatment. You can say what you think the fans in Dallas want to hear to feel good about this Summer, but I'd watch that type of attitude in the locker room if I was him.

Anyways... good riddance Chandler. I hope you achieve the glory you keep trying to convince yourself you want, but at the end of the day, I think your better than to pump yourself up like this, and b**** slap the people who helped get you to where you are today.

1 person likes this.
  9. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Started to notice his cockiness when he said he was the best small forward in the Portland series. I see complacency in the near future

10. mazinger

mazinger Member

Bwahahaha!!! Parsons is just that, a good player. He's comparing himself to Melo, Bosh, Rondo and Love? Now..that's being delusional. Morey called him out and now he's mad. He's not the 3rd piece in a championship team. He can go choke on Cuban's D for all I care.

11. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JXRN_LkCa_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Best recruiter in the NBA? Child please. D12 came to Houston to play with harden and not some role player. He never would have looked this way if Harden wasn't here. Reality check CP.

13. Rx1991

Rx1991 Member

Well I don't know about best bit he is one of the best.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Parsons is NBA's best man.

I am the best SF in the series.

Cuban is the best owner in the league.

Carlisle is the best coach in the league.

I am the best 4th quarter performer in the league

I am the best recruiter in the league.

I am the best late game perimeter defender in the league.

15. deshen

deshen Member

Apparently, Parsons wanted to stay in Houston and hoped that Rockets would match the Mavs offer as he was told so. Instead, Morey got Ariza.

16. bball1217

bball1217 Member

I think Parsons will end up being as good as Batum; I think he is just as good offensively already, but needs to greatly improve his defense to reach Batum's level. Batum is a great complementary player, one of the best, and in my opinion Parsons is in that same mold and will continue to be. Parsons is just ~3-4 million/yr. more expensive. Smart move to let him go for now...not a franchise player, but who knows...

17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Wow. Just wow.

So let me get this straight.

This guy think's he's in the same league as LeBron James? Heck even Melo?

Sorry Parsons, but the Mavericks, and 28 other teams in the League are going to be glad to see you go if it means they get the chance for the actual stars in the NBA.

AND the only reason the Mavs had that money to throw at him was because every single other free agent had basically spurned them already. They HAD to throw money at him in order to make him say yes. The delusion is off the charts right now with Parsons.

This kid seriously does think a little bit too highly of himself.

Rarely, if ever did he ever get the other team's lockdown defender matched against him. He doesn't even know what life like as a 'star' in this League is.

What a damn shame he couldn't even be the third star this team needed in the Playoffs. Heck - I would've been happy with him being just the best SF in that series.

You'd think after he personally embarrassed himself he'd learn to keep his mouth shut and not say outlandish things.

18. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

mostly agree with you Rip, you don't get to where he has without having awesome level of self-confidence, but surely the aim of Morey to pull together a big 4 (that includes Chandler) which they were going to do if Bosh signed shows they did value him (to a point)

nevertheless going to be seriously pissed if he starts playing D again :(

19. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Dammit I'd consider kumswaping to keep my eyes from seeing him play in that damn blue

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Maybe he should have made his agent aware of that...