1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons is the greatest SF on Rockets since Rudy T

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownbandit, Jun 18, 2013.

1. htownbandit

htownbandit Rookie

And to my point on Big Shot Rob I remember him playing the PF position as well especially in the 2nd title run. And on Robert Reid I knew he could play and was a great contributor to the 80s Rockets but he didn't really score more than like 14 a game in his prime, Parsons in his 2nd season already has about 15.5 or so. This is why I say he is the best since Rudy-T.

2. fattz

fattz Member

Glen Rice was just a HOF player

3. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I'm happy with him even if he's done developing. The fact that that's true makes me double happy. It's refreshing to not be wringing our hands about a players growth curve. He'll be just fine.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As other posters have said Robert Reid, Robert Horry, and Mario Elie. A lot of people also forget how good Rodney McCray was. He was largely overshadowed on a team that had Sampson and then Akeem but was a very very good versatile and solid player. If not for injuries the front line of the 1985-1987 Rockets could've been better than the Celtics front line of Parish, Bird and McHale.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Also just to add Parsons' scoring numbers are higher than some of the other 3's mentioned but this is a team that is built for scoring. I think if you factor in what players like Elie, Horry, Reid and McCray did for their respective teams they are better players.

This isn't to put Parsons down, he's got a sweet shooting touch and runs the court well. He could end up better than those other guys but it is too soon.

6. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

1.) Scott Padgett

2.) Scottie Pippen

3.) Trevor Ariza

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Rockets SF's who had better careers thus far than Parsons - Robert Reid , Lewis Lloyd , Scottie Pippen , Trevor Ariza , Big Shot Bob & Glen Rice ... tho they may not have had their best moments with the Rockets .... Parsons has a way to go to have a better career than any of the above.