1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons and Sean Elliot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Jim Petersen is the Anti-Sean Elliot. I'll never forget his seasons with the Rocks in the mid-'80's. I wish there was a time machine that could somehow transport that vintage Petersen to today's Rockets bench. He'd be a hell of a good addition.

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Actually Elliott wasn't too bad this game. He was really bad during the kings game before Cuz went off on him... But he was very complimentary of the Rox until the very end of the game then I had to mute him :) I get that way about all announcers toward the end when it's not bill and bull

3. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

It's pretty obvious he is better than Leonard. Buford made a mistake trading Hill for Leonard. The Spurs could have kept Hill and drafted Parsons in the first round, adding to their plethora of second round steals.

What makes Chandler good is his all-round skill. What makes Chandler great is that he's still raw in some areas. He's shown us in his first full pre-season that he has the abilty to improve his game. His shooting from the line, and the newly added pull up jumper of one bounce, have really opened up his game.

What I want to see next season is an improvement in driving to the basket. Tonight was a prime example of his potential driving with his off hand. Unfortunately, for us, this aspect of his game is too inconsistant at the moment. Chandler Parsons has the abilty to be a three way offensive player. Pass, shoot and drive.

Off topic: Carl, did you figure out how to share your brothers LP?

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tried it with heypartner, actually. Seems that you can have 2 people logging onto the same broadband LP account, even in two different cities. Doesn't look like NBA screens for it (yet).

5. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

To anyone that watched the Lp broadcast. Notice Elliot praise Parker for driving directly into the shoulder of a Rocket, resulting in a foul? But, later on, Harden drove directly into Jackson, all of a sudden it's a disgrace

Also, the whole Ginobli fast break with Patty Mills and Lin. Apperntly Mills was the catalyst by distracting Lin, leading to an easy layup. They proceed to show the reply to point it out, BUT Lin never looks at Mills and they continue to try and make a false point.

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This was the first time I heard him commentate and thought he was atrocious.

I'm in agreement with scarface about not hearing him questioning calls on the Rockets side of house.

I do recall him going on and on and on about how Parker didn't foul Lin when Lin went for the post up.
    I couldn't believe how homer that was.

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Elliot is a homer and is almost as bad as the Celtics callers interms of bias, but in his prime before the injuries he was a great player. If Chandler becomes half the player that the prime Elliot was, were in for a great rde.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He went on and on about how Harden created contact a couple times as well.

Was wondering if he understood the rules, the whole idea of creating the contact even if both are moving has to do with flailing limbs, not body contact.

9. underrated015

underrated015 Member

after seeing battier put up single digit points for years, finally get to see our small forward score the basketball. elliot told it how it is. dude can ball. especially that block.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Ronny is impressed.

11. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

The difference?

Chandler Parsons can pass the team physical. Sean Elliot can't.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

chandlar parsons is currently my fav rocket.

13. dragonz

dragonz Member

I was hoping Chandler would develop into a Scottie Pippen kinda player, if Elliot jinxed him into a Sean Elliot kinda player, I'd hate Elliot forever.

14. conquistador#11

i don't know. i like the comparison to scottie pippen a little better.

15. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

I waived Sean Elliot from my fantasy team long time ago because of injuries, but he played well whenever he did play :p

16. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I noticed it, too.

Parsons getting love outside H-town is a good thing. Overall, he did a good job yesterday. He's one of my fav Rockets.

....and being the bestie of my favorite player is always plus. :)

17. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

edit: always a plus.

18. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

19. VanityHalfBlack

With the beard, Parson looks like a cross country truck driver you see at the rest stops in Alabama...

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

Inconsistent was kind of a bad word. I wanted to say I'm not sure if Parsons shooting had maxed out, or if he could improve. Elliott was a very good shooter in his prime, better than current Parsons. So Parsons does need to improve to reach that level. Not every rookie improves. Budinger, for example, is still basically the same player today as he was as a rookie.

Hopefully there's more room for growth though.