1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons and Sean Elliot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 28, 2012.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Hey now!! I will be forever grateful to Sean Elliot for indirectly helping the Rockets win their first championship. :grin:

2. GIGO

GIGO Member

and we've been missing his extra t in this thread. :eek:

3. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

I wish i was Chandler Bang. I'd bang me.

4. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That scraggly beard needs to go.

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Kerdaboy, do tell when Elliot called the refs out for bad calls. The only time he did that was when Harden got fouled on the jumpball and he said "you never really see that". I can only imagine what Bill and Bull were saying during the flopathon though.

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Ya I agree w you... He had his homer moments but he commended the rockets throughout the entire game and you could tell he loved our style of ball.

Back to topic, if parsons ends up as a modern day Elliott I would not complain one bit. Really love parsons game.

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Got me.

8. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

He said it when parsons got fouled "seven times" on his way to the hoop and a few other times too... You're just listening w homer ears. He was fairly objective all things considered.

9. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Sean should talk to Stephen A Smith in how good Parsons is

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

No, I remember that one also, but that was it.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Elliot is quite possibly the biggest homer and worst broadcaster in the league. I could care less about his opinion of Chandler Parsons. If Elliot said Chandler was Jesus Christ with a basketball, I would say the same thing I'm saying now.

I don't give a tinker's continental damn about Sean Elliot's opinion. About anything. Oh, and the refs can go climb a palm tree, fall off, and land on Mr. Elliot's sorry head. They absolutely sucked calling tonight's game.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Nah

He aint ABOUT THIS LIFE, dawg.

Ibaka doin' too much

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

Elliott's comments aside, I would absolutely LOVE for Parsons to develop into Sean Elliott on offense. Elliott had a smooth all-around game at borderline all-star level(I think he went to a couple of them). If that's Parsons, then I'd be pumped.

That said, Parsons is still very inconsistent both in terms of his aggression and shooting. I'd almost say he's like Jeremy Lin in this regards. But getting more of a different reaction from fans due to his 2nd round/minimal-pay status.

14. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

He pointed out that Chandler probably got fouled "7 times" before he committed the charge call in the 3rd. He pointed out that Jeremy had a phantom foul on Tony Parker during the 1st half. The Harden jump ball, as you pointed out. He also said more ambiguous things such as "that was a close one, went our way," regarding Chandler getting blood drawn on a drive that was a no call.

15. just a word

just a word Member

Young players are inconsistent, they only way they become less so is by getting more experience. Catch22

16. PeppermintCandy

Really? IIRC Elliot had a great career as a role player on a championship team for many years. Solid contribution on both offense and defense.

17. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I'm happy that others outside of Houston feel this way about the Rockets unlike some of the other so call experts who continues to criticized the Rockets even though they are doing well.

18. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I thought it's refreshing to hear nice things from the other team's commentators. Usually they're very biased. I agreed with them about low attendance at home for such a young exciting team in the NBA. I don't get it either.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We've had two complimentary opponent commentators in a row. Tonight with Sean Elliott and last night with Wolves color commentator Jim Petersen. Of course, Jim Petersen has reasons to be biased in favor of the Rockets.

20. belly664

belly664 Member