1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Ford's Mock Draft #1

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by arif1127, May 5, 2011.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think a lot of people don't understand that about Martin. Most of us think he is a terrific player. We would not consider him valuable enough to move up that high in the draft if he sucked.

2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Jordan Hamilton is going to be a good NBA player. He is extremely polished offensively and could eventually be a go to guy. He has that kind of potential.

Best Case Scenario: Glen Rice

Worst Case Scenario: Lamond Murray

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Plus with the NBA model, if you draft a bust, you are rewarded with another high pick the next year.

4. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

So many errors...........Mirotic is Spanish, as he became a Spaniard and left Serbia, so his country listing should be Spain. Also he sure the hell is not a "point forward".

Bogdanovic signed a contract in Turkey, not Spain. And more such ridiculous errors. It is amazing that these hacks can get paid by ESPN to write such garbage.

5. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Vesely will be the most athletic player in the entire NBA.

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

You haven't seen enough NBA games.

Obviously, you have a bball resume that dates to Europe. I'd like to know more about your background. However, some of the claims you make.....makes me shake my head....what are you thinking?

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Questonable defender??

Hamiltons a great perimeter defender!
    Between him, Balbay, and Thompson Texas was a SOLID devensive team!

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Here's some news that will make Hayesfan happy..

However this draft has taken another hit, and the 2012 Draft just got even stronger.

Terrence Jones seems to have decided to take his name out of the draft, this is from his verified account.

9. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

I have watched as many NBA games or more than anyone in this forum. The only players in the NBA that are at Vesely's level of athleticism are Blake Griffin and maybe LeBron James. That is it.

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

SMH, Kentucky is going to be loaded next year.

PG Marquis Teague (projected lottery)
    SG/SF Micheal Gilchrist (projected lottery)
    SF/PF Terrence Jones (projected lottery)
    PF/C Anthony Davis (projected 1st pick overall)

Kentucky can possibly beat their own record next by having 4 players choosen in the lottery.

11. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

True, Texas was a very good at team defense, but there have been questions about his ability at the next level.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jordan-hamilton (To be fair, this is an older report as an example, but a lot of the more current ones say similar things)

He's improved, and I wouldn't call him a liability but he does still have question marks about being able to defend well against NBA strength and speed.

He's a nice player, and like I said if he is clearly the BPA at our spot and not even with a center or better SF I would take him. It's just that with Budinger (who also can score) on our team and losing Battier, I would (ideally of course) like to get a SF who is a sure thing defensively (as well as decent offensively) at the next level.

12. University Blue

I don't feel like Hamilton has the "it" factor, the next gear. Not sure he's that good defensively.

13. lionaire

lionaire Member

Sacramento pick, Knight and Kemba on the board. Who do you take?

14. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I'd take Kemba. But then again, I'm somewhat of fan of his so I really can't be to objective.

But IMO the guy has it all (except for size). He has great lateral quickness, unlimited range, explosiveness, ability to create space off the dribble, leadership, heart and a more than capable playmaker. Which went unnoticed due to the youth on UCONN's roster this past season, so they relied heavily on his scoring. The guy is a true floor general, his the type of player that could become a leader for that Sacramanto roster, despite being a rookie.

His also a surprisingly good defender, specially for someone at his size(measured 6'1 w/shoes).

15. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I think he is better defensively than most people think. I was really surprised on how much he improved this past season. He still needs to work on shot selection and being more consistent overall but I think he'd be a nice pickup for us.

16. Andre Barrett

Andre Barrett Member

Don't really like Hamilton that much. But I am really high on Darius Morris. Only a sophomore and he is a legit 6'4 point guard with good court vision and decent athleticism. Had a great game against duke in the tournament.

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Just based on the consistent ignorance you display.... I highly doubt both statements.

18. nwcougar1

nwcougar1 Member

This makes the most sense t me as well. We need a center that can protect the rim and this kid is a shot-blocking machine. Add some muscle to his frame and he could be a major force in the middle for years to come. Seriously, this kid is VERY athletic at 7'1" and he moves his feet well. Offensively he's still raw but at the very least he can go up and get the ball for some hi-flying dunks.

19. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Understood, I may have overrated his D a little... But I think he can develop into an above average to good defender in the NBA... Thats if he works at it.

20. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Umm...No. On our own team, Courtney Lee is more athletic than this guy. What is your definition of "athletic" by the way? If it is a combination of lateral quickness (cone speed), 40 time, vertical jump, bench, etc....then courtney can probably beat him in every category.

What about Lebron, Wade, Iggy, Griffin, Westbrook, Rondo, etc. Man there are just way too many guys more athletic than this guy.

I don't even know why I'm responding to this...