1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Ford Mock Draft 6.0

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by J.R., May 20, 2014.

1. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

As it stands...Lin, Beverly, Cannan, Daniels...and you want another lol

2. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Length wise Young has better wingspan and reach, and being three years younger is significant.

3. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

At pick 25, I would be happy with a good defender at the wing position. The 3p shooting can be learn.

Just no more PFs. But knowing Morey, Rox be getting another PF.

4. basketballholic

Not worth a response really. Don't hate T_ones. If so, then I hate Early and MKG...right??? I hate none of them. I hate their games. They can't shoot a basketball even remotely proficiently. And in the NBA you simply have to be able to shoot a basketball if you are a perimeter player. Otherwise you are no more than a bit role player. None of those guys I mentioned can shoot a basketball even a little bit. That's why I'm simply not interested in Early. I don't care how athletic he is. He is a total drain on an offense because he cannot shoot basketball effectively.

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

True but I dont think its as significant as you think. A lot of teams would rather have an NBA-ready prospect than a project and probable D-leaguer. Look at his teammate last year Mason Plumlee. Same thing was said about his age but I bet if teams could have a do-over he'd be top 10. Also what good is such a long wingspan & reach if you still struggle to shoot over defenders and can't finish around the rim. He didn't do a really good job of using his length to defend either.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Daniels isn't a PG, Lin will be gone, and I just don't think Canaan is all that good. I'd gladly take Napier.

If not him, though, a small forward would be nice.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Are you guys thinking Vonleh will be a PF or C?

1 person likes this.
  8. haoafu

I think most advanced stats models(Hollinger and Pelton's models for sure)showed age has the single most powerful impact on player's future potential. It makes common sense, and I generally agree with it with some reservation.

For Young, his stroke is pretty smooth, and I've heard comparison between him and Beal(Beal had a ok season in Florida with beautiful stroke, but struggled to make shots with high percentage). The thoughts are he would be able to improve his strength and shooting percentage rather quickly.

That being said, their draft positions are still close and nothing is set in stone.

9. haoafu

I think he can play some 5, but 4 would be ideal given his combination of length, athleticism and shooting. At this point I doubt he's going to fall out of top5, and may get picked even higher. If not, he's the most interesting and realistic trade up target(suppose he falls to 6-9 range, and IMO there's probably no way we can get top5 picks).

1 person likes this.
  10. basketballholic

He's a PF that can play some backup minutes at the 5 in a small/quick lineup.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I have an unrelated question for you. Do you think there is a chance for a NBA ready player or of a good prospect available at the 25th pick?
    If yes, then who would be your choice for the Rockets?

12. ironariza

ironariza Member

Kristaps Porzingis, if u can get

13. ironariza

ironariza Member

how many pts would Kristaps Porzingis make if he play ncaa 2013-2014 @iowa state

14. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

Im very impress with this guy i think he has what we need.

1 person likes this.
  15. ironariza

ironariza Member

and he is very skilled at something

mid-range machine very very high FG%

he can make all kinds of mid-shots you can remember

1 person likes this.
  16. basketballholic

I'd rather trade the pick along with #42 for a future first and a high second in this draft, somewhere between #31-35. Unless somebody like Hood falls down to #25 I think a high second rounder spent on a guy like Tavares or Alphabets big brother or Patric Young or others is a much better value. Doesn't hurt the cap. You pick up a future trade asset. And those high second rounders have a tendancy to work harder and outperform late first rounders since a lot of them are 4 year college guys or guys that have preserved through trying circumstances.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks. The point about second rounders working harder is valid. Some of the first rounders are happy to make a considerable amount of money, with their guaranteed contracts.

I wish we could end up with a taller Arron Afflalo, which doesn't seem likely at all. A good backup PG with some upside, would be welcome too.

1 person likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Joel Embiid's measurements at the workout on Fri: 7' 1&quot; in shoes, 7' 5.75&quot; wingspan, 9' 5.5&quot; standing reach.</p>&mdash; Chad Ford (@chadfordinsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/statuses/470707815246344193">May 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jabari Parker's measurements at workout on Friday: 6' 9&quot; in shoes, 6' 11.75&quot; wingspan, 8' 11.5&quot; standing reach.</p>&mdash; Chad Ford (@chadfordinsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/statuses/470708262350749696">May 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Andrew Wiggins measurements from today. 6' 8.75&quot; in shoes, 7' 0&quot; wingspan, 8&quot; 11&quot; standing reach.</p>&mdash; Chad Ford (@chadfordinsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/statuses/470717213150679040">May 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

#78 J.R., May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm really high on kristaps but I dunno if we can grab him since he might withdraw and we draft below OKC and several other good drafting teams. Draft Express has us taking g Jerami Grant which IMHO is a perfect fit, he can't shoot the 3 but he is young athletic and has good motor for an SF.

1 person likes this.
  20. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

[​IMG]
    Embiid is ridiculously long....And his moblity.....He's gonna be a longer, just as agile Ibaka defensively. With an even bigger frame to put weight on. What a monster.

1 person likes this.