1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Ford Mock Draft 10.0 (with team trade scenarios & big board)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by redhotrox, Jun 28, 2012.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Mock 10.0 (Draft Day!!!:))

1 person likes this.
  2. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Woooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Rockets all over the place ... :grin:

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Per Chad Ford
    Sounds like a smoke screen designed to get Houston to up its offer for the 5th pick rather than just say "Screw it, we'll just make a deal for 7th, let you draft Barnes and we'll pick whoever is left between Drummond and Lillard." Then again, there was an earlier rumor that Houston may in fact prefer Lillard, which sounds like a smokescreen in itself.

MISINFORMATION GALORE!

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha, my thoughts exactly.

#5 J.R., Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  6. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I rather take Ross at #12 then let Bucks take him at #14. Not really intrigued by Leonard, we still have #16 or #18 for a big (PJ3 or whoever).

7. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

8. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I'll be surprised if we don't pick Ross at #12.

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I'm satisfied the way this plays out. Like Rocket Jones, I really like Ross but there are more SGs than Cs in any draft and we just jettisoned Dalambert so we are thin at 5.

Harkless is an exciting prospect but PJIII played in the Final Four, didn't he? :rolleyes:

I might go Ross at 12 and roll the dice on MLeonard or A Moultrie or PJ3 being there at 16 and stick with Harkless.

10. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I think this would a real good haul.
    Leonard and PJIII are risks, but I have confidence in our staff, especially when it comes to helping both out with their post offense.
    Harkless sounds alright; don't see why we need him if we already have Parsons. Can he play the 2?

11. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Happy Draft Day Everyone. Less then 10 hours to go. Nothing new seems to be on the rumor mills.

12. Mariachi ROCKET

Risky Business gentlemen.

13. JD88

JD88 Member

Im ok with Leonard and Jones, although hes kinda lazy, but Harkless?

Take Sullinger. You want to go for bust in this draft, take him. There wont be a dominate big man like him in a long long time. 18 and 11 in the college game? 40% from 3pt range.

You dont pass on him.

14. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

15. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

Most interesting things to me...

Really wish packaging Lowry with #5 and some other prospects or picks could entice Orlando, since Nelson isn't likely a long term option with them (see below).

At least good to hear this close to the actual draft that Orlando hasn't said no yet!

Here's hoping!

16. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Just heard Chris Broussard say on ESPN that the Magic likely wouldn't trade Dwight before the draft because the GM hasn't even met and talked with him....

17. gah

gah Member

If the difference between 7 and 5 is giving away one pick less then that's what I would prefer, I would eye Dion Waiters with it but that's just me.

18. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

That's interesting, because this article quotes Hennigan as explicitly stating he has "communicated" with Dwight. Surely that means more than a text message, no?

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/st...an-says-no-decision-made-future-dwight-howard

19. senter

senter Member

I think all mock drafts should be like this. Obviously, it's more work, but it makes more sense to throw in trade scenarios as well as the big boards. Definitely a more engaging read

20. Jet036

Jet036 Member

Good to see this draft finally coming together. The last couple of years the draft orders were mocked accurately for weeks before the actual event. This draft's mock orders have been all over the place. It's been really interesting.