1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Ford 7.0

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Chamillionaire, Jun 17, 2015.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Kevon Looney is free falling on most mocks.

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I just don't see drafting a undersized, primary ball handler when your building around Harden. The need is 1. to slow down the great PG's in the West and 2. hit 3's or running mid-rangers when Harden can't get a shot. 3. play pick and roll with Dwight. 4. be coming to the basket when Dmo makes a move

That's all Jerian Grant to me but the 3 point shooting.

3. Chamillionaire

After Russell and Mudiay, no PGs gonna start for us next year. Payne ain't gonna do it. Tyus Jones certainly ain't ready for the playoffs. We need Beverly healthy playing D and Llull playing 20 minutes a game.

Or the obvious choice would be to trade for one.

A few I like.

1. Lawson
    2. Rubio
    3. Brandon Knight
    4. Jrue Holiday

Not sure how or if we could even get them but they would all be an upgrade over 2 37 years olds.

4. Chamillionaire

32. (via New York) Guillermo Hernangomez, C, Spain

As much as I hate to admit it, I like this pick. He could be a stash player and he sounds solid. He could get back up minutes when he's ready. Maybe we make someone available at the 4 or 5 to improve PG spot.

5. Chamillionaire

6. Nero

Nero Member

Jerian Grant is the guy, he has to be. It's pointless to take any of these other guys who won't really contribute for at least another year. Grant can come in and play very soon.

ANNNNNND... he fills that need for a 'Son of a second-tier NBA player' that everyone seems to need now days, a-la Curry and Irving. (Nick Johnson's jury is still out)

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

Don't like it. Trading for a PG will costs us too many assets.

Signing Llull only costs us 1 asset: the MLE. Trading for Lawson, etc. would cost us Papa/Prigioni non-guaranateed contracts, picks, young players, and Llull won't come if you trade for another PG.

Signing Llull is the cheapest and best option for us.

8. Chamillionaire

I'd be happy with Llull and Bev. Maybe Terry 3rd string or draft the Brazilian kid 32nd pick and stash him.

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

I believe the Brazilian kid opted out of the draft.

The best option available to us is to sign Llull and Beverley to 3 year $15 million contracts, sign Terry to the vet min and continue to develop Nick Johnson. Maybe we can find a few other vets to supplement these guys.

The draft should always be BPA. Drafting for need leads to overvaluing decent (but rarely good) players.

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Joseph Young is predicted at 27 for the Lakers. This kid will be one of, if not THE steal of the draft. I hope he's there for the Rockets at 32.

11. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

Not trying to be a hater since IM an UH fan, but I dont see it. Cant play the point and he is too undersized for the 2.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Why do you hate to admit it?

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

6th man of the bench. Immediate scoring. Was much better at Oregon than at UH.

14. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

unless he can learn to play the point or gets a lot stronger to be able to complement is best attribute of scoring, he likely won't have that huge of a role as a 6th man on a bench if he manages stay in the NBA

16. YaoMayne

YaoMayne Member

How about we package 18 and our two second rounders for Darren Collison.
    Maybe even throw KPap in there as a throw in.
    With this we
    1. Have an exprinenced PG in his prime
    2. Good Contract
    3. Flexibility (second Round picks cut into MLE)
    4. and we get a solid rotation player along with Bev
    I like Tyus Jones but he's two years away from helping a championship team and With Jerrian Grant his ceiling is too low and what he can contribute right away is not enough to crack this rotation.

17. OpenLayup-Why3?

Give no credit to what Chad Ford has to say. He changed his previous years mock drafts not so long a go, to look like he's good at what he's doing. He can't even type properly.

18. Nero

Nero Member

Why would you say this? Have you watched Grant play?? He is EXACTLY what this team needs, RIGHT NOW.

19. Progs

Progs Member

Trade TJones and draft Bobby Portia as the BPA.