1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chacon Lives The Dream Of Many Astros Fans By Choking Out GM

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by ryan17wagner, Jun 28, 2008.

1. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Many a young boy from Houston, Texas have dreamed about one day being in the big leagues. Being able to don the uniform of the Houston Astros, and be a part of their historic franchise. Being one of the few people close enough to be able to choke out the horrible general manager of the struggling 'Stros and get a measure of revenge for having to watch this team over the course of the last 2 years.

On Wednesday, pitcher Shawn Chacon got to live that dream when he tackled GM Ed Wade by the neck and threw him to the ground. Teammates and club officials cheered Chacon as he went to town on the neck of the scrawny executive. Reporters called it "the most fight I've seen out of anyone on this club in a long long time". Manager Cecil Cooper held his hand out and gave Chacon a thumbs down like the gladiators of Rome. Lance Berkman shouted "Finish Him". But before Chacon could unleash his finishing move, where he pulls out Wade's spine, he was pulled off by security.

Speaking to reporters after the game, Chacon talked about what it was like to get the opportunity of a lifetime. "This is just every kid's dream, bottom of the night, 2 lights out in a dim hallway, and you alone with the man responsible for putting together this pitching staff. I just tried to keep my excitement in-check as I viciously attacked him, but I was almost giddy with laughter. I remember playing in my dad's barn and pretending a scarecrow was Ed Wade's neck. I used to practice choking him out 4 or 5 times a day. And now I get the chance to come out here and get paid for choking him. I'm truly blessed, and I want to thank the Astros for this opportunity."

Shawn's triumphant story has inspired members of the community to make changes in their lives. One boy decided to go back to high school, which he had dropped out of several years before. An elderly man decided to start talking again to his brother, with whom he had not spoken to in 18 years. And a stock broker decided to finally choke out his wife, based on Chacon's thrilling performance. It was an exciting night for anyone who dreams of greatness.

http://community.foxsports.com/blog...e_Dream_Of_Many_Astros_Fans_By_Choking_Out_GM

2. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

If it was Pupura maybe....I don't think there are too many people who hate Ed Wade just yet.

I think Ed is pretty handcuffed by Unca D' who when he hears the word "rebuild" sticks his fingers in his ears and goes "lalala" so we have a team of no pitching with none on the horizon.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Chacon could have killed Wade. Just think if Wade landed on his head when thrown down. I guess it would still be funny if Wade were seriously hurt? :confused:

We've had the GM less than half a season. The last thing I've been thinking about his choking him...unlike Philly fans. I know...it's supposed to be funny. Violence is funny. Let's all go choke the boss now. Hardy har har...it's funny.

Seriously, someone needs to lay some hurt on Chacon. Teach that mf-er a lesson that violence works both ways. If your going to be an a-hole and be violent, then prepared to be on the receiving end of it. Oh...but no...the rest of the Astros are joining in taking turns choking and pushing Wade. It's funny. Let's stab him with a fork while we're at it. Look at all the little holes. It's funny. :)

4. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

If Chacon wanted to such a big, bad guy, maybe he could have taken on Caballo or Puma instead of a small middle aged man.

Chacon is a jackass. Anybody who seriously appluads what he did is an even bigger jackass.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I half agree with you. He's a jackass who I applaud in this one instance.

Hey, Ed Wade signed him, so he has only himself to blame.

6. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

So you applaud a professional athlete assaulting a middle aged man? What other law breakers do you applaud?

Applauding a guy for beating up a smaller guy because he cannot handle the fact that he sucks now is a jackass move, plain and simple.

7. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Why am I not surprised that the Yankees are interested?

Jeter is willing to vouch for what an upstanding great guy he is. A douche with bad pitching is an even bigger douche. Those guys are so desperate, they'd sign John Rocker if they could.

8. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Am I the only one here that didn't find that article the least bit humorous?

9. Mr. Clutch

Hmm, well I also support Roy Oswalt kicking Cecil Cooper in the groin. Since you asked.

Chacon can't handle that he sucks now, but apparently neither can Ed Wade. He handled this completely the wrong way. You don't see GM's getting their asses kicked in the team cafeteria very often. Most aren't that dumb.

10. Mr. Clutch

It was funny but didn't really make sense since Ed Wade has barely been here.

11. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

The only thing I found amusing in it was that they referred to Reggie Abercrombie as security.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Pretty irresponsible, samfisher was called a troll but he was right, if this happened in the NBA it would be alot more "outrage"

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I don't think it's a matter of GM's not being "that dumb" to get their asses kicked. It's only a matter of Shawn Chacon being such and incredible moron that he beat up his boss. He was asked twice to go to Coop's office, he refused, and asked to be talked to right where he was. Wade obliged and Chacon couldn't handle the truth. This is nobody's fault other than Chacon, period.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You're exactly right. I don't understand how anyone can support what Chacon did, unless they were around my age when the Sprewell thing happened because I vaguely remember possibly defending him on here, but I will fully admit I was wrong on that. :)

I don't think the guy should be blacklisted or anything and he should have the same chances to clean up his image like Sprewell did, but he should be fined/suspended and his actions should not be defended.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

that's not why i called him a troll. :)

16. Mr. Clutch

Why is Wade trying to get Chacon into Coop's office? Why is Wade cursing him out in front of his teammates? Just because a player says "talk to me right here" doesnt mean you have too.

Chacon is an idiot, but Wade showed himself to be a fool as well.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Why are you only believing the choker's side of the story?

18. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

Ed Wade just looks like a weasel

19. msn

msn Member

Part, not all, of Choker's story has been corroborrated by a member of the national media. (Unless he made the whole thing up as a joke.)

Also, Mark Loretta didn't exactly endorse Wade's version in a recent quote.

I'm not saying Wade should be fired, just pointing out that some of Choker's remarks have a bit of credence.

20. msn

msn Member

Forgot to say that I pretty much expected this.

The story itself is hilarious, IMO: I AM ED WADE!!!