1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics talking about a possible Clint Capela trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 9, 2019.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Just ignore him then? Plenty of people enjoy stuff he writes. This is a weird hill to die on.

Deuce, Mathloom, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  2. biff17

biff17 Member

You have no idea if Codman is an insider or not it's your opinion that he is not.

Why are you taking this personally, you act as if he is trying to sell you a newsletter, now that would be taking you for a fool.

MJ19, Deuce, King1 and 6 others like this.
  3. lionaire

lionaire Member

Thanks for the info @Codman. A majority of this board loves you and the info you provide. Please keep it coming as you get it!

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

at best I think he might know a person or 2 but doesn’t get good or reliable info...I don’t think people should be taking what he says to the bank by any means, but at least it’s not holic, and people seem to enjoy it

Y2JT likes this.
  5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Jaylen Brown is exactly the type of player this team needs.

Young, hungry, versatile, 3&D but also capable of creating his own offense. A lot of upside. Long term building block that gives us someone else to build around besides Harden.

Deuce, xiki, BaselineFade and 5 others like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Gold patch definitely goes better with the green.

[​IMG]

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You're not the only one, don't worry about that.

At first I read his posts with excitement, but as post after post after post after post had nothing come to fruition, I began questioning.

Then after the 900th rendition of 'free bird', I realised the guy was full of it.

It's best you just don't even bother reading his posts anymore - much in the same as basketballholic. One knows just as much as the other. The execution of one is just so much better than the other which makes all the difference to some.

Corrosion and bmd like this.
  8. bmd

bmd Member

I do ignore him. It’s still annoying to see people getting conned by an obvious bullshitter.

It’s incredibly annoying to see so many people on the board believing his fake information and then getting upset when reality doesn’t come close to what he was saying was happening behind the scenes.

And then people get mad at Morey and the front office because they didn’t live up to the expectations that Codman fed to everyone.

People here are desperate for good news for the team because they are hardcore fans. He’s taking advantage of people’s emotions for his own personal satisfaction. That is exactly how conmen operate in the real world when real money is involved. I know this is just a message board and it’s not that serious, but it’s still annoying to see people getting suckered by a snake oil salesman.

That may seem harsh, but I will always tell it like I see it, no matter the blowback I may receive.

And for the record, I’m on the fence about cyberx. He is the only one who I feel has actually seemed to sniff some things out ahead of time. He may genuinely have some information.

Corrosion likes this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

All the things going on in the world, and this is what dugs your panties up your ass crack? IYou act like the guy never paid you back $20.

whiskeyred, xiki, napalm06 and 7 others like this.
  10. bmd

bmd Member

Here’s something that is gonna blow your mind: human beings are capable of having thoughts on many different topics.

xiki likes this.
  11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

You are not going to change anyone’s opinion on this board about who is an insider and who is not. People want to hear good things concerning themselves, their loved ones or things that they care about regardless if it’s true or not, it’s human nature. I’m generally a skeptic regarding people claiming insider information, BUT I’ll admit it, I enjoy hearing these rumors! The forum becomes alive with discussions, memes, gifs and the overall feeling of joint fandom! :)

Not saying I believe the rumors from “insiders”, just saying I enjoy hearing them ... if others want to believe them, that’s their prerogative....

Go Rockets !!!

Y2JT, Dacamel, Corrosion and 3 others like this.
  12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Dealing with aigne is like dealing with Satan. I trust Morey to make the right decision on this one. If we trade Capella... we better be getting some players that can move the needle. We better be looking at players above 6'7!

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It starts with Al Horford for me . .. . . .
    I like the young guys but I need that experienced Big.

Rocket River

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  14. Garner

Garner Member

The thing is, nobody needs to be defended by you from Codman.

Think about it, you’re getting worked up because a guy you don’t know on the Internet is telling people on the internet, who you also don’t know, things that may or may not be true.

Just mute his posts or go to r/rockets. You’ve derailed a trade thread and made it about you, not the rockets.

Just move along.

D-rock, tc0330, ROXTXIA and 2 others like this.
  15. bmd

bmd Member

Message boards don’t convey emotion very well. I’m not getting worked up just as you aren’t. I’m just discussing a topic that was presented in this thread.

And I’m not defending anyone from Codman. I just want people to be more skeptical of his posts and stop acting like what he says is factual. I am a Rockets fan, and narratives on this site and beyond are influenced by his posts.

Corrosion likes this.
  16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

AlHo has a player option. IMO he declines and re-signs a new 3-4 year deal w/Cs. Baynes has a player option which if he declines and hits the market - - and leaves = Ainge (the satan of trading partners, yes) "needing" Capela. Horford prefers playing the 4.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Rumors aren't factual, facts are. And facts leave rumor stage after they have been completed. Too many 2 yard lines in this world of sports, but it keeps us fans dialed in and dialed up.

Narratives? It doesn't take much for one to gitteron at a Board like this. Thank you, Clutch, for providing us this playground where we can vent about subjects apolitical and nonweather related!

18. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i was just thinking, if we dont get jaylen brown but get hayward/horford and terry, then its a lock cp, gordon, or rivers is gone right?

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

IF he is a fraud …. What does that say about those who buy the lies ?

[​IMG]

20. ball king23

ball king23 Member

i would get a young player and a pick if possible