1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics talking about a possible Clint Capela trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I feel like saying this trade wouldn't be unrealistic is like if a Celtics fan would say that a Harden for Irving (after he gets his 5 year max) and Baynes trade wouldn't be unrealistic :D

J Sizzle likes this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He might be a last resort center if AD doesn't end up there. He can potentially be a replacement for Horford. If I'm Angie, I would retain Al if AD goes to another team.

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Agents don't generally have information to leak …. especially on the topic of trades , unless the player has demanded a trade , they just don't get that information until after the fact.

GM's work behind the scenes , they aren't notifying agents . "Hey I'm thinking about trading your client" …. It just doesn't work that way. They do that and then the trade fails to materialize and you've got animosity between the player and front office.

GM's that leak potential trades …. run the risk of being ostracized for doing so. No GM wants to deal with the backlash of that.

Trades either happen or they don't …. and we never hear about the one that got away - the exception to the rule being Stern and his basketball reasons.

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I was thinking much in those terms as well.

With Kyrie you can trade all of those young pieces for AD and still have a Kyrie/Horford/Hayward/AD core....but if
    Kyrie bolts......then a Horford/Hayward/AD core doesn’t look as appealing to AD. He has similar trash around him in
    N.O..

I’m wondering if re-signing Rozier means they accept the idea that Kyrie is moving on and that trading the rest of
    the present team for AD, is a step backwards. Given up on trading for AD. If that is the case, the Lakers move
    back into position to being the favorites for trading with N.O. Pels.

Or

Can they sweeten the pot by sending Capela immediately to N.O. In the deal.....something like Pels wanting a young
    center back in return. Baynes is with a player option at the moment. I seem to remember Nick Stauskas being traded
    like 4 times in that CP3 deal to Houston.

BamBam likes this.
  5. daytripper

daytripper Member

First off with Kyrie obviously leaving the Celts I can't realistically see them dealing for AD. There's no way AD is going to stick around there without Kyrie (not to mention Tatum and the other pieces that would have to be dealt for him). The Celts best course of action might be to rebuild around Tatum, Brown, and Rozier who got them to the EC Finals last year. Horford is already beginning to decline a bit and might be best as a backup big going forward if he picks up his option. They are likely stuck with Hayward's contract at this point.

Obviously the Rox need depth. I could see a Capela for Smart/Robert Williams/FRP type deal. The Celts have 3 FRP's incl the #14 pick that can be dealt. There are a few players in the draft that could come in and help immediately (looking at Brandon Clarke, Cameron Johnson types). Adding Smart would also give Morey leeway to deal Gordon for a bigger wing or frontcourt player. I don't believe the situation is dire at all but they do need to move a few pieces on the chessboard around Harden. CP's contract is a challenge but there are moves that can be made to improve the overall team.

Vivi likes this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, that's what i think too, resign Rozier, look to move Horford for whatever you can get and start Hayward to make him gain some value in order to move him later. In one season they will probably be in a much better situation with their core still in rookie scale and a lot of cap space to play with.

And good point about Williams, smells like a bust so far but the guy has potential, wouldn't mind getting him under the radar, although with Ainge isn't going to be easy of course.

mikol13 likes this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I would be very interested in Jaylen Brown and would move Capela for him but not sure Boston would do this. I believe Kyrie is leaving. And I am unsure how much Boston is willing to offer up for AD. They are a hard team to read on what moves they will do. They could go in a number of directions.

BaselineFade and Reeko like this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Exactly. And that is why I don't see a trade between these two getting done.

Nook likes this.
  9. bmd

bmd Member

Yes, lots of things are discussed by front offices, and Codman isn’t privy to any of those discussions.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

You certainly have a right to believe that if you wish. On the other hand you don't actually know for sure or not, just your opinion.

I don't believe @Codman is a fraud. But that is my opinion.

D-rock and Hard_foul like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun really care, I luv seeing what he has to write.

BallSoHarden and Hard_foul like this.
  12. tc0330

tc0330 Member

how is someone a fraud for only sharing things they heard? lol

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fake Clint Capela trades
    Fake Chris Paul trades
    I've already grown to hate the offseason and offseason hasn't even started yet.

BaselineFade, s3ts, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I actually feel your frustration this time around. Also add in the public negotiations for a head coach who we just fired his whole staff. Meanwhile we have no fill-ins to the staff. Meanwhile this particular head coach has literally no ability to coach defense.

Hopefully the off-season starts tonight.

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Capela is in case Horford is poof.

Also, the Rockets focus on Beandip has always been JB. Perhaps, the athletic wing we've always needed?

XO

Mathloom, whiskeyred, BMoney and 8 others like this.
  16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

AH may decline his option while renegotiating a new 3, 4 year deal. Baynes would return, I would think. JB would be quite the get, good game better guy.

17. bratna8

bratna8 Member

[​IMG]

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Hate it all you'd uh, like and yet it 'promises' in the very least to be interesting locally as well as the WorldWideNet* (*Net, like the one likely cut down in NorthLand tonite.)

Fake trades, signings etc etc et alia are not new to this FakeNewsEra.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think Horford opts into that contract. Or he opts out and is resigned to a new multi-year contract at a lower base year number for extended years.

Agree that JB would be the target, just don't think it happens UNLESS Boston was worried about JB sticker shock next year when he is an RFA considering their other salary commitments.

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think he's more obtainable than we think. He clearly needs a change of scenery. Stats across the board were down.