1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics: Ignored?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 13, 2018.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

People think they are good. Are they elite title contenders and real threat win it all?

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

They need an injury in the west imo.

I think cavs/celts is the jv series and either one of those teams will lose to whoever comes out of the varsity series in the west

buffalobills!!! and hakeem94 like this.
  3. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

warriors would win in 5 at most against them.

i think they'd take us to 6 or 7 with a ~15-25% chance of winning outright.

would rather play the cavs in the finals if both of us can get there

Astrodome and A_3PO like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Until the prove otherwise
    I think they need to be RefAided to win

Rocket River

don grahamleone, Tfor3 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Once they get Kyrie and Hayward back I might take them seriously, but I believe what they're accomplishing now is largely due to the fact the Eastern Conference is a joke and should be disbanded.

6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

The east is trash and the Cavs are trash so I won't take them very seriously, assuming if we face them in the finals I think we can beat them in 6 if you take into consideration the confidence that we will have if we beat the warriors.

bilaal14 likes this.
  7. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I've tried to ignore Boston teams in the past and their fans make that impossible.

8. H-Town Rockets Guy

Boston is playing really well. They are playing with more ball movement since Kyrie went out. They looked great in Game 1 against Lebron and Cavs. Game one was all good for Celtics. But I think it is a combination of Boston playing well and Cavs playing really bad..maybe rusty....I don't see Lebron playing bad as he played today in the upcoming games. Cavs can still win the series. Regardless, Boston or Cleveland has no chance against Rockets or Warriors in my opinion

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let’s see if CLE bounces back, they look good to me.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Boston has a team?

11. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

They are a good team but cant be taken seriously due to the fact that they are missing kyrie and hayward..... second the EAST SUCKKKKs...

Anyone that comes out the West will do them in and win the Ship in 4-5 games.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Their going to be a huge problem when Hayward and Irving come back.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Hayward and Irving addition to the Celts is so overrated first of all would you rather have Hayward or Tatum/Brown out there? Secondly Irving is a ball stopper, he is an ISO player similar to Westbrick on the Cavs he is a good fit cuz they lack scorers in the starting 5 but on this Celts team with so many weapons he is kinda redundant. Plus he is also a defensive liability opposong teams can exploit.

Celts have tons of assets but they kinda painted themselves in a corner with their Medium 3 signings of Irving and Hayward, tbh the best move for them is to jist let Irving walk he doesn't fit their team and Brad Steven's system the way Rozier and Smart do.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you just know silver would love to develop a twin dynasty rivalry on either coast for the next few years b/t GS & BOS......cha'ching in his head

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The Cavaliers simply aren't any good and the East is a joke.

The Raptors are the only team out east that could have been a nominal threat to us or GS teamwise, and they are mental marshmallows. The Celtics while not all that great talent wise, are extremely well coached and not scared.

16. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

And they have the Kings' pick next year. Billy King is the dumbest GM ever.

roslolian and buffalobills!!! like this.
  17. buffalobills!!!

They still have other picks from that trade?! Woooooow. One of the worst trades ever

18. jbasket

jbasket Member

Ignored... this year.

19. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

They flipped the Nets #1 pick last year into Tatum and the Kings' pick. Danny Ainge is one heck of a GM.

20. Voltik

Voltik Member

Boston win credit all goes to Ainge and Brad Stevens. There aren’t many coaches that can take a team depleted with their all stars and a team of rooks to conference finals and beyond. Next year and moving forward that Boston team and Warriors team will be causing us headaches and/or heartaches. If Rox/Warrior matchup is grueling and we limp into the finals against Boston, it could be big problem than most will admit.

Rather face the Cavs and beat GOAT Lebron with a weak supporting cast and coach than take on well coached young rookies and young team with relentless energy and underdog mentality.

The Celtics have all the tools to give us problems if not this year then many years to come, if anyone in the west can solve the cheating Warriors or they undo themselves.

I don’t think Warriors will have too many issues with Celtics (in 5 or 6), if they play like GOAT team.

ramotadab and daywalker02 like this.