1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtic fans give it to Jason Kidd!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocksMillenium, Jan 26, 2001.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

During the Celtics 99-83 victory over Phoenix, the Celtic fans LAID into Jason Kidd.

<A Href="http://espn.go.com/nba/2001/20010126/recap/phobos.html">Kidd gets earful from fans, Celtic tougher on Suncs</a>

Here is a part of the report:

Kidd, charged last week with domestic violence assault, a misdemeanor, against his wife, was booed nearly every time he touched the ball. The fans cheered him for the first time when he missed two free throws early in the second quarter.

"That's what they're supposed to do, express themselves and get behind the home team," said Kidd, who didn't start and struggled after entering the game with 4:14 left in the first quarter. "They expressed themselves every time I touched the ball, but it didn't affect me."

Hey Kidd, maybe they weren't supporting the home team as much as they were telling you you suck for jumping on your ol' lady! If you want to beat something, try beating the other team not your wife!

------------------
    No sleep and no trade info make RocksMillenium something, something!

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Thats wrong, he only beat the **** out of his wife. [​IMG]

No seriously though I dont think they should boo him, especially in Boston.

------------------
    "Break off the block like Maurice Green" --- Steve Francis

President of the Moochie Norris fan club.

3. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

People actually boo the other team to cheer for the Celtics???? [​IMG]

------------------
    Charles Barkley on TBS on the "fat track" poll: "What? 47% said I'd gain more.....why those.....they better be glad this is a family show."

4. Steve_Francis_rules

Nowadays in boston, you can't actually cheer for the celtics because they can't do anything right. Booing the other team is your only option.

------------------

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If booing is the worst thing that ever happens to Jason Kidd, then he's getting off easy. Anyone who hits his wife should be castrated, IMO.

------------------
    visit www.swirve.com, coming January 20th, the top 10 films of 2000!
    http://www.geocities.com/clutch34_2000 for great Rocket insight by some of your fellow BBS posters!

6. DJ

DJ Member

My brother went to that game!

------------------

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

For the Record
    What should happen to a wife that beats her husband?
    [IT HAPPENS.. . I SAW IT ON JERRY SPRINGER
    or was it RICKI . . .or . .Sally Jessie. .
    Or jenny jones.. .. . one of them d*mn things]

Rocket River
    "I'll never hit a woman . .. but I'll shake the
    sh*t out of one" - Chris Rock

------------------