1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Celebrity Gossip] DUI Weekend: Reese Witherspoon, Al Michaels & 3 Doors Down Bassist

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Apr 21, 2013.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

They picked a helluva week to get busted. Not much media coverage because of Boston.

#1 percicles, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

is it because of the 4/20 weekend? :confused:

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

All 3 of those people are HUGE celebrities.

4. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I never liked Witherspoon after reading an interview with her awhile back.

She was doing 'research' sitting in the back of a high school math class. She said something like 'I wish I could tell all these kids what a waste of time it was and they'd never need to know any of this in the real world.'

I guess she thinks all these industries revolve around s***ty romcoms.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yeah the 3 doors down guy is an idiot. I hope he gets a lengthy sentence.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What the hell is Reese Witherspoon and her husband doing driving a Ford Fusion? She ought to get slapped just for being a cheapskate.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Wow, if this is true, then I still don't care.

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

How was she lying by saying they wouldn't need it in the real world? 1. It depends what math class. 2. How many co-workers do many of us have in various jobs in various industries that have basic math knowledge but don't remember crap about Geometry or Algebra II or Pre-Calculus?? I'd bet there's a great number of people in this country like that. Yeah that might be a problem when folks discuss the why Country X has better students than this country but still doesn't make what she said wrong imo.

I'm pretty sure auto rental agencies for the most part don't all have Ferrari's, Lambo's and Jags on their lots dude. I think she was in Georgia for a movie-not sure where but meh.

9. ferrari77

I think the best part about the Reese Witherspoon thing was her comment to the cop.

She didn't just go with the usual celebrity "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"

She went original

" YOU'RE ABOUT TO FIND OUT WHO I AM"! :grin::grin::grin::grin:

All the while I bet her guy was facepalming himself. :eek:

10. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Please say it ain't so Reese! I do give her props for sticken with her man even though it got her arrested. Down a** chick.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That Harrell dude is going to go to jail for a long, long time.

12. dback816

dback816 Member

Ridiculously stupid post. You're trying too hard to be edgy and "real".

Passing certain levels of mathematics is a prerequisite for many other fields of career for a reason. By your middle school logic, we ought to just skip school, get tossed into the labs and cubicles to learn on the job.

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I'm curious if the "Do you know who I am" card ever works. If I was a cop it would give me more incentive to give them a ticket... and then some.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You'd be surprised how short it might be, if at all. A friend's son was killed in eastern TN by a drunk driver who had warrants and was running from the cops. He got no jail time.

15. ferrari77

No boss, I'm not. I have no need or desire to come off as edgy or real. I just state what I know from my experience. If you have a different experience then so be it.
    Pretty sure I never said one should just skip school, etc to learn on the job so not sure what kind of logic you used to determine "my logic".
    There are plenty of other reasons to go to school and iirc i mentioned it depends on the math class that RW was talking about. Not every math class taken in school is required for the jobs and careers we go into. There are plenty of other classes necessary to gain an understanding of-Algebra, Geometry and other non-math class(Geography etc).
    When you re-read my post you'll come across the statement "it depends on what math class".
    Also, reiterating, I never said passing certain levels of math is not a prerequisite for many other/different careers. It's just not for all careers.
    A basic knowledge is needed for most careers. Regardless, my point being, the person who mentioned disliking RW for her comment needed to take into consideration what math class she was making this comment about.

Carry on.

16. ferrari77

Exactly man, I'm sure the stat on how often that works would be pretty low.

17. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

No need to get hostile. I agree with his post. You don't *require* certain courses to succeed in a certain field. No need to resort to "middle school" insults.

18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'm wondering in what context she said "You're about to find out who I am." Was it in the voice of heyp when he warned us "Now you see my power", or is it more like "I'm famous, there's about to be a ****load of media covering this."

Need to know.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LOL! That was my 1st thought . .. . A FORD FUSION?

Rocket River

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

There is a mode of thought that would have some students moving in that very direction

Rocket River
    not that I agree . .. but it is out there