1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CD screwed up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sup123, Jun 23, 2004.

1. sup123

sup123 Member

I praised CD ealier in some other thread for about to pull off this trade. But he screws it up himself. Why the hell did he tell SF agent that he is gonna be traded? I read somewhere in the houston chronicle that Cd talked to SF agent and said the deal is almost done. IF none of this had been leaked we woulnt be in this situatin. If we dont get Mcgrady we are basically screwed. Cat and cato are probably pissed. And im pretty sure much of houston is pissed at steve.

2. sup123

sup123 Member

oh ya, and anyone else notice how the major trade of marbury was never leaked or rumored.

3. fa7999

fa7999 Member

I am erked.:)

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Note to self: Shut the board back down to contributing members only.

5. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

all gms inform the players agents before a trade especially since it was basically happening this is not cd's fault that he expected steve to be mature and accept the move.

6. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Curse you, CD!!! Curse you for having CLASS!!!!

:rolleyes:

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

works for me ;)

9. sup123

sup123 Member

I always though the trade goes down and then the players are informed.

10. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

maybe you should blame SF3's agent for taking it public - maybe it was a courtesy - maybe the deal is done and with the drafts going on this week, getting things final is taking some time

11. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Like i said in another thread, which this coulda been discussed in, CD was just doing the classy thing by letting his star player know he was going to be delt to the magic

12. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

not me :(

13. sup123

sup123 Member

blame can also be put there. But, IMHO, the trade should have never been leaked.

14. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

I pretty much agree with you. Why is it such a priority to protect the names of the players on the Expansion Draft List over the last few weeks? (If you are not going to stick to a philosophy of protecting players feelings about being relocated to a different city.) Management should have more concern about Steve & Cat letting loose over Expansion Draft unprotected players like Pike & A Griffin who have played for several teams in their careers and already know firsthand that the NBA is a business .

With that being said, CD is truly a class act and I 100% trust that he will always do the right thing business wise to treat every person with respect & dignity.

15. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Sup123 has a point though. In hindsight CD should have just completed the deal and after July 1 call SF and say "pack your bags you are playing in orladno next year." But that wouldnt be very CD like would it. I actually think CD is one of the better GMs in the league and many free agents and other GMs probably like working with him.

16. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

If this deal falls through, Steve will still be traded. I would think a deal to Chicago for Hinrich, the #3, and a contract would make sense.

17. Tom Archer

Tom Archer Contributing Member

PLEASE!!!

18. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

19. Tom Archer

Tom Archer Contributing Member

Hell, I'd just be happy if the Astros had someone who could get the ball out of the infield with a man on third and less than two outs.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Sup, if CD did talk to the agent about it, we don't have any indication that he was the first person to do so. The agent may have already known about it.