1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CD are you wit me?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by UT Baller, Jan 12, 2000.

1. UT Baller

UT Baller Member

This is what the Rockets should attempt to do in my opinion.
    1)trade any combo of TMass, Thomas, Williams or Carlos to the Clips for 'Kandi.
    2)sign Rashard Lewis during the offseason
    3)draft Chris Mihm from Texas and win, win, win....
    Kandi and Dream on the front line with Cato backing the both and starting after dream leaves would be awesone athleticly. Lewis would be a Houstonian who could step in and play McGradyish for the rox at the three. Mihm could be tutored under Dream and be a good backup to Cato and Kandi.

Rockets 2002 Championship Team
    5- Kandi - Mihm
    4- Cato - Mihm
    3- Lewis - Anderson
    2 Anderson -Mobley(a 6thMan award candidate?)
    1 - Franchise - Drew

2. CaucasionSensation

Kandi-Man sucks and so does Lewis, especially Lewis.

All of them especially stink in the context of being key members of a starting championship team. Both of them have a long way to go before then.

[This message has been edited by CaucasionSensation (edited January 12, 2000).]

3. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

trade any combination of williams,hamilton,massenburg,drew to the clippers for olawakandi...

with all the cap room from that trade go after either mercer,mcgrady, and either sign anthony mason or mo taylor.

do not draft chris mihm , (no white center will ever be good in this league again) draft either kenyon martin,terrance morris,matola...

rockets 2001 champions

pf:mason/martin(?)
    sf:anderson/rogers
    c :Olajuwon/cato
    sg:mcgrady/mobley
    pg:francis/mobley

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Brahma Rocket,

You'd think after several people jumped down your throat for the "white centers" comment in another thread, you'd umm... not say it again, but maybe I'm expecting too much.

------------------
    Rocket fuel pumps through these veins...

5. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Who would want hamilton??

Only teams interested in him are Taco Bell and Burger King.

6. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

actually i did'nt see it. but i still would say the same thing.

7. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Francis3,

I think that both Burger King and Taco Bell would not be interested in his services...if he were hired he would run them out of business.

As a customer...well, they should be glad they are not all you can eat restaurants.

------------------
    Francis+Charles+Dream-Pippen= Rockets 2000 NBA
    Champions

8. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Dr. of Dunk,

I'm white, but until some white guy can come into the league and prove that statement wrong, then people will believe it.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

9. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Ace:

I hear rumors though that he could be traded.

1. Thomas Hamilton to Burger King for 1 Whopper and Medium Fries.

Or

2. Thomas Hamilton to Taco Bell for 2 Chalupas and a Double Decker.

I like the second deal better.

10. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

hey i'm half white my man,so i must be racist towards my mom then right? thanks dreamer at least some people in here are'nt trying to be the jesse jackson of anglo america.

11. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

dayam i hav'nt had a double decker since like 95 after i saw that goofy commercial with shaq and dream on the bike and stuff, thats a classic.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

WHO WOULD PLAY THE 3?
    WHO WOULD BACK UP THE 3 If you say SHAN?
    It WEakens our Back Court somewhat

KEEP 'Los. PERIOD.

Rocket River

13. popeye

popeye Member

Dear Carroll Dawson:

1. Don't listen to anyone talking white versus black when it come to drafting, etc.... . This is a team effort at every position and the complexion of my brethern's outer layer makes no difference to most of us, and it shouldn't to you.

2. TMass is a bust. He "strained" his back on the third day of practice in a relatively low impact defensive set, and has not been worth a tinker's damn since. Time to bite the pride bullet, and accept something, that is, anyone who can actually dress, play basketball and be effective for the millions we pay him. At this point,I would have taken Matt Maloney, frankly. My eleven year old daughter could have played a better game than TMass this year. Get the point?

3. Walt as a consistent shooter is not working. You don't have to be a Philadelphia Lawyer or New York Yankee to know that. Every mother's son in the south knows it. Time to find an itch from another team and scratch it. Walt will be worth far less this coming summer as about 30 good, young, talented, enthusiastic shooters out of the coming draft will be vying for anyone to take them.

4. The next time Les asks for your honest opinion on a player trade, give it to him dammit. If you want someone like Mo Taylor or K.Gill, and the deal is there, the hell with Rudy!!!! Pull the Trigger. That's what they pay you for,man.

5. Drew needs some serious seasoning. He will be a back-up for a number of seasons, if not forever. But he is valuable. Trade up,if possible. He is sought. You know you can something for him this year, or maybe during the summer.

6. Work with Kenny Thomas. He needs a decision machine built into his head for choosing his shot selection. You can help him. He is very coachable, You know that. He has great talent and has a great range. Milk it,man. Give him the same time you gave "O".

7. Convince everyone you talk to that Carlos has earned the respect due to an "almost untouchable" Rocket player. Man, he is the type of player you have always admired. Don't be ashamed of showing him and his teammates that he is "special" to the team.

8. Cato and Catman need tempering. They have bursts of energy and equal bursts of poor performance. Inconsistent offense with inconsistent defense offset by brief periods of brilliance. They use this "by the seat of my ass" inner city instinct play, instead of controlled team sets. If this is what we want why didn't you just draft Goat when you had the chance? How many times did you have that opportunity? Three, Four????

9. Sometimes the best friend you can have is the truth. This team needs to know what the future plans are .... Stay Competitive? or Tank the Year? These are men. They expect to be treated as such.

10. If you are lost for suggestions or merely want to know what the real fans of the Rockets think, (we are not as dumb as you make us out to be) you may want to check back here from time to time.

Cheers CD. I know you read us now and again.

14. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

I have no problem with the Rockets giving Carlos the respect he deserves.

The puzzling thing is that some people are requesting that the Rockets find a 3 and others say the need is for a 4.

What position will Carlos end up at when it is all said and done?

Mango

15. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Los' had better not be traded. He is just like Pig Miller...a true hustler. These guys are prototype role players which is exactly what the Rockets must keep if they are going to win any rings anytime soon.

Mihm? You're kidding right? Only if we can get him in the second round. He reminds me of Laetner. Good in college. Decent NBA player.

------------------
    Tanking is not acceptable. End of story.

16. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

A tall Danny Ferry.

Mango

17. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I'm a big UT Men's Basketball fan. I'm also a big Rockets fan. My man Mihm can just plain ball. He can score, rebound, and block shots.

Mihm is the ultimate college player. He should listen to Coach Rick Barnes and stay in college for one more year. Is Mihm going to be a great NBA player? Lets just say he is no Tim Duncan.

How about some props for Rick Barnes? All I hear about is Mack Brown. Mack Brown doesn't schedule tough competition in his sport: Michigan St, DePaul, Arizona, UConn, Utah, Wisconsin.