1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CC's evolved into a legit All Star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 4, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

how was that defensive impact that's apparently so miraculous against the rockets? gobert/towns have gotten owned the last couple of seasons in the playoffs. i personally dont want to hear about them being here when it wouldnt happen and they make a significant amount more than capela.

one's a crybaby bc he can't get into an all star game. the other is a crybaby bc he thinks he gets fouled all the time.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

You can be overrated and still be a good player. Steph Curry for example is a good player but overrated cuz he got the league's first unanimous mvp over Lebron and even Harden.

I don't need a media or whatever to tell me if you think Gobert is the best defensive player in the league then you are wrong and I am right. Who are the best players in the league? Harden, Lebron, Kawhi, Giannis, Luka etc. Since when did Gobert stop those guys? Tucker is a much more valuable and better defender than Gobert even though he hasnt won an award cause he can defend those guys and Gobert can't. Ever heard of to be the best you gotta beat the best? Why would the best defensive player be unable to guard the best offensive players in the NBA? That's like saying the NBA's best scorer is the one who can't score vs the best defenders in the NBA lol.

I'm not saying Capela is better than Gobert I'm saying Gobert isnt 8M better than Capela. Capela only makes 16M a year no way is Gobert 50% better than him their stats alone are comparable to begin with and if you check their advanced stats Gobert has better metrics but he isnt 50% better than Capela either (ex Gobert has 5.3 win shares well Capela has 4.0). 8M is what we are paying Tucker right now and the Rox just waived Clark's miniscule salary, overpaying for a small upgrade at center is the last thing they should be doing now esp when the best players arent even bigs except for AD.

#102 roslolian, Jan 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    bilaal14 likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

I wonder how many 20/20 games Gobert has had?

Clint has had 4 this season.

4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Dude is a beast.... but he can go to another level if he would grow a pair and dunk EVERYTHING instead of always trying to do finesse BS.... i hate that ish...and surprised the coaching staff hasn't drilled him on that. Have to coach it better.

And also have to see him in the playoffs following that ish in the playoffs last year.

amaru likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The better Clint plays the MOAR MDA will play him. I hope he grows another heel.

BigShasta and D-rock like this.
  6. dejamike

dejamike Member

Glad we didn’t break the bank to give him that extension couple years back.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Curry shat on the Rockets in the most important game of the year against Harden who looked meek down the stretch. And Harden has looked like crap in both series against Gobert in the playoffs. If those two are overrated then what does that say about the guy who couldn't do well against them? If as you say Gobert can't stop the top guys in the NBA, well he has certainly stopped one guy on your list in 2 straight playoffs.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

How many games this year did the Rockets played actual defense?

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

I don't know why you keep bringing up Towns since I never talked about him and quite frankly don't care. But Gobert owned Harden in the playoffs. I find it funny all the people here talk crap about Gobert yet if he's so bad why does Harden keep looking like crap against the Jazz in the playoffs?

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

The Rockets have played actual good enough defense in 25 games so far.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Gobert owned Harden in the playoffs? Is there some playoffs that nobody around here knows about? what a strange post

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

Yeah the ones where people outside of Houston keep talking about how Harden is always trash in the playoffs. I know this is a Rockets board and a safe space against anyone who dare to call Harden anything less than the best player in the NBA, but yes outside the clutchfans bubble there exist people who think shooting 37% and .53TS% may not be a good numbers

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

this doesn't have anything to do with your claim of gobert owning harden

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

Yeah it does seem the only Rockets fan here who believes defense is part of basketball is me.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. it's just mind boggling how someone can sit there and say gobert has owned harden. the same dude hitting water bottles off the scorers table bc he can't guard harden

roslolian likes this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

How has Harden looked meek against Gobert when Gobert isnt the one guarding him? Gobert doesnt guard Harden from perimeter to baseline he mostly stays in the paint banging with Clint Capela lol

Curry shatting on Harden doesnt mean he deserves to be the first unanimous league MVP ahead of guys like MJ and Lebron. It just shows the flawed nature of voting the first league unanimous MVP couldnt carry his team with only 2 all stars lol Meanwhile Lebron, Harden, Kawhi and Giannis doing work with just 1 all star teammate.

D-rock likes this.
  17. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

18. PrinceH

PrinceH Member

He does the basics well and that's about it, were not winning a championship with this guy and PJ