1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBSSPORTS: Melo is Foolish Not to Consider Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

wouldnt want to give up Scola how about this :grin:

[​IMG]

Lowry/Smith
    Jackson/Lee
    Anthony/Williams
    Scola/Hill
    Miller/Mohammed

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Huh??

Is the author implying that Houston was responsible for Hakeem being great and winning championships and that he would not have won elsewhere?

The city of Houston has only 2 championships in any major league sports and both of 'em are largely because of Hakeem.

In fact it is a very poor example used by the author. Had Hakeem played in a major market like NY or LA, he would have received more spotlight than he received while playing in Houston.

#82 Zboy, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  3. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Melo is foolish.

4. Zfan

Zfan Member

Morey is Foolish to Consider Rental.

5. Eddie281Houston

[​IMG]

^^^i know what i see... ;)

6. houseofglass21

We don't need Melo. He's chubby and lazy

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Eh, doesn't do it for me.

Melo should go wherever he will be loved, respected, and be able to win. The New York crowd is so fickle. You win, they cheer, you lose, they boo. Plus, that system coach D'Antonie runs won't win a ring. He had the best passer in the league, the best PF, the best bench, and still couldn't topple the big teams in the west. Taking it to the east does nothing. Plus, who's to say that Melo won't play second fiddle to Amare. In Houston or New Jersey he will be the showcase, and with both teams he has a coach who can really tailer the system to his talents. Honestly if he doesn't choose New Jersey or Houston he's an idiot.

8. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

no, the author isn't implying that. what he is implying is that despite houston not being a glamorous city, dream was able to become an all-time great. hakeem stayed, and only after he stayed did he cement his legacy as a hall of famer.

9. SkillzThatKillz

If we get Melo.... Morey is a ****ing wizard... :)

10. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Brooks and Martin? Brooks and Scola? No way. That's giving up way too much. The idea isn't just to acquire an elite player. It's to get an elite player and improve the team. Melo's defense isn't good enough. People complain about Martin now. What happens when they get Melo and lose Martin and the team isn't really any better? All elite players are not created equal. The Rockets need defense. Bring on Gerald Wallace or Iggy and keep both Martin and Scola. Bring on a defensive center.

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

LOL. OK, Eddie, she has got some nice hooters, and I am man who likes more boobs than azz.

Hey, what about some female feedback on this? What do you girls think about Lala?

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What does the city of Houston have to do with that?? It was about Hakeem being one of the best players to ever play the game. Carmelo isnt even in the same class. Just a bad example.

I am pretty sure he would be a hall of famer even if he had left.

#92 Zboy, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  13. houstonhoya

nonetheless, he's clearly not implying what you previously suggested. hes just giving an example.. houston CAN have all-time greats. he is NOT implying that houston is the reason for dream's success. i think there is a big distinction, your analysis of his implications was wrong, no big.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

There has been a tremendous amount of turmoil in that organization for years. They have changed GM's three times in Melo's tenure. The organizational structure there has been terrible.

15. houstonhoya

agreed

16. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

I'm a girl and I think Lala is quite pretty.

[​IMG]

I think most guys would agree that Kim Kardashian and Kelly Rowland are hot, and Lala definitely doesn't look like a grenade next to those two. Just my 0.02 lol.

17. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

How did this thread turn into Melo then his wife?

18. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

3 for 3 on this pic...they all are beautiful...any man on clutchfans that wouldn't be with these women are unquestionably GAY !!!

I'm not saying that being gay is a problem, just a BIG problem for ME.

I wouldn't be the one to miss my chance on any of them !!!

19. Houston_Rockets

Was not able to see the Denver against the spurs today, Melo didn´t play, and until the 4th quarter they dominated the game, they are simply too good to rebuild, even without Melo....

LaLa is hot, nitpicking, I would only say that her nose is a little too big, but hey, it is not like I am the best looking man in the world so....

PeAcE

20. everyday eddie

One of Carmelos sisters passed away on Tuesday, Denver will hold the trade negotiations till the after holidays.