1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBSSPORTS: Melo is Foolish Not to Consider Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Dec 22, 2010.

1. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

No conceivable trade would for this guy would make the team better. Hopefully Morey isn't foolish as well.

2. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

[​IMG]

yea she's ugly :rolleyes:

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I would hit that. :grin: She is not super model hot, but she is still a very pretty woman.

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Dude, you got low standards. She has got some rack, but that I would need a pillow on that face. :p

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I am sure your current gf looks much better. :rolleyes:

6. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Agreed. Although he just sounds like a rockets fan with a positive perspective with validity in his thoughts.

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I touched on that -- I don't know why the Nuggets would want a second or third tier guy like Martin to rebuild with. If I were them, I'd probably go for the potential in Favors.

If we traded for Carmelo, I doubt that we would have anywhere near the assets to acquire CP3 or Dwight. You're looking at trading Brooks/Martin/2012 NY 1st just to start negotiations. I would think that they'd want more, but who knows. Even if they didn't, that leaves us with Terrence Williams (unproven); Jordan Hill (role player); and Patrick Patterson (unproven) left to be considered as 'assets'.

Bottom line, IMO, is if you end up trading for Carmelo.. you're shedding every big contract you have and clearing the cap room to sign CP3 or Dwight to pair with him. That's how I would sell Houston to him at least.

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Melo will never consider Houston because he is not about winning.

1 person likes this.
  9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

She actually does, but ain't posting no pics for you old dirty bastards. :p

I guess for some men, a hoe who spreads her legs showing some cleavage is enough. Good for you.

I live in Vegas. I routinely meet black woman who are FAR more attractive than LALA.

10. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Any team looking to build around Melo is going to get stuck with winners curse. He isn't worth the max deal he's going to command. The only teams that would really benefit from him are stacked teams who need someone to put them over the top. I wouldn't be surprised if he's already played his best ball. It would be like Yao and Tmac...by the time the pieces were assembled around them they couldn't perform anymore.

11. ubigred

yea and girlfriend looks way better than her??

12. ubigred

wow she is a hoe too?

pics or GTFOH :eek:

13. Houston_Rockets

I agree with you that they don´t need Martin, because they have Affalo, that is one of the most efficient SG in the league, 25 years old, and cheap, and plays D.
    But why would Denver not want Scola????
    KMart is a huge expiring for them, they don´t have a PF, they have been playing with Al Harrigton playing a spread the floor 4 for them at times, he is a 3, he signed a huge contract for them this year, if they acquired Scola, they would have:

Nene
    Scola
    Al Harrington
    Affalo
    Lawson

That is a playoff team, with interior presence, and very solid 3pt shooters, with Defense and Offense, no superstars, but very solid players.

You are not understanding the situation.... Why would Denver want more??? They "Know" Melo for us is a rental..... NJN would not make ANY Melo deal if it is a rental, so the Favors deal is non existent, NYK will not offer anything, they are rolling, and are playing good solid basketball, for the NYk to acquire Melo, it would take Melo to say, I ONLY WANT NYK, and that will not happen.

So right now, Denver only has offers of teams that "supposedly" are renting Melo, so there is not going to be huge assets involved.

And even if that is a problem, all these trades are 3way, so.....

AB to Charlote
    Scola Gerald Wallace to Denver
    Melo to Houston

Just talking about the central pieces of that trade.... but the point is that Denver is not in a position of strength, they are talking to a team that "wants" a rental of Melo, you understand where I am coming from...

PeAcE

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Denver would possibly do a trade rental to Houston if they got more back for Melo than what NJ or NY is willing to give them.

Houston would do a trade rental of Melo with a pre-arranged agreement between him and the Knicks that we are going to give him his extension in exchange for his agreement and the Knicks agreement on trade compensation if he decides he wants to go to the Knicks after our season. That would all be pre-determined before the trade is consumated and the extension signed. Melo would know he could go to the Knicks when he wanted and the Rox would know what the Knicks would give us. And the Knicks would know what they were giving up. This gives the Rox the opportunity to convince Melo to stay and if he decides to leave, they get a huge trade exception and other assets from the Knicks, probably Wilson Chandler, and Anthony Randolph.

The Knicks agree to this if they see the Nets are going to walk away with Melo with a trade and a signed extension. (Melo wants his money.)

Melo would be agreeable to such a deal if it meant he gets his extension and doesn't have to wait for the new CBA and a greatly reduced salary.

And the whole thing is wrapped around whichever team Melo wants to play for having the cap space to either sign Paul outright or do a S&T after next season.

15. conquistador#11

"A player's legacy isn't forged in commercials and cocktail parties"

Unfortunately for many of today's players it does, for their wives too.

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

LOL at both of you for being so defensive about a woman who you don't even know. Earth to ubigred, she ain't your sister!

One thing some posters have to learn is that opinions (especially about a woman's appearance) are like assholes: everyone's has got one. lol

17. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

Morey wrote it. Les handled the mail.

18. AggieRocketsFan

19. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Has a deal like this EVER happened in the NBA? Not to my recollection.. heck, I don't even know if that's legal! Which makes me think it's highly unlikely anything like that would happen for us.

Further, assuming it does happen that way and Carmelo decides to leave for the Knicks -- would you even trade Martin/Brooks/etc. (who Denver would want) for a large trade exception + Wilson Chandler + Randolph? I don't think anyone would... it just seems extremely risky and not all that smart.

I'd sell Carmelo on the idea of having a great front office (to build a team around him with), a big city to play in (Houston > Denver), and the agreement that we'll clear cap room to sign either Paul or Dwight should they hit the FA market. Sort of the same type of plan that the Knicks sold Amare on.

20. TheGoldenGreek

This is a great read. I just wish that Carmelo himself wrote this.