1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS Sportsline] Morey's Job On The Line

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketfan21, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Looks more like a post on this board than some serious journalism.

2. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Plus Dorsey, JT, Llull.

Dorsey, a very late 1st-rounder, is still in the league, though there are plenty of such picks that aren't. And, he came while DM was grabbing some extra 2nd-round picks for moving down. It's not like the whole move was about getting Dorsey. With this year's pick, I think we will all be surprised if the guys can't at least stay in the league.

JT - 2nd rounder, still in the league.

Llull - were he here, maybe we would have gotten another couple of wins last year. We all agree that he's good eonough to be in the NBA, at least. We got him with a 2nd-round pick.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

If Rick would have just played Twill like Morey wanted we'd have a top 10 pick and Morey would have a lot more to work with ;)

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Basically, much is expected of Morey. Maybe the expectations are unreasonable, they probably are, but his job is to make the Rockets better and better, ultimately a contender. Either he will work miracles or he won't, then Les will hire some other poor sap to be the whipping boy for the franchise. End of story.

#44 solid, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  5. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

Morey sucks

6. adagio75

adagio75 Member

Reaping the benefits of failure

Well we are suffering from past bad draft picks. We traded away talent and got back nothing. This goes back to the rudy gay debacle to the richard jefferson move. Rudy T and Carolle D were horrible at drafting! Van Gundy was no better. Morey came in and did a little better but allowed his first year drafting to be destroyed by van gundy with the rudy gaye trade. Everytime i here Morey talk about we need a star player......blah blah blah.... I'm like "you idiot! you traded any chance of that way!!!"

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Repped

8. carib

carib Member

I think Morey has done well overall. The biggest let down is that he has not found a useful center . Elite Stars are hard to come by so I won't judge him on that. He also may have players having issues with him because he refers to his players as assets, got rid a popular players coach and a popular starter/team leader for a guy that had to be sent to the D league.

I think if after another year or two he fails to make significant improvements, like we fail to make the playoffs in 2012 and 2013, then maybe Les might do some re thinking.