1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS Sportsline] Morey's Job On The Line

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketfan21, Jun 20, 2011.

1. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Just popped onto CBS Sportsline to check what time the Reds start whooping up on the Yanks at and saw a familiar face on the front page. What do you all think of this? Is his job really on the line this season? Seems a bit sudden to say that to me, considering that Morey is most concerned about getting a great core to work with a superstar. Lumping him in there with Kahn and Petrie seems a bit of a disgrace to someone like the Wizard.

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/30151132

2. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

I think they've handed him the keys to the franchise. Don't expect any knee jerk reactions, they know they have to retool/rebuild

3. Garner

Garner Member

The issues facing Houston next season, then, are two-fold: No one is going to get that roster to play harder and produce more than Adelman did, and the No. 14 spot on Thursday will not yield a franchise difference-maker.

There are no franchise players in this draft.

4. ThaShark316_28

In before "I agree".

5. HorneR

HorneR Member

The writer's clearly buying into the same hype he's trying to dismiss in the article. Who can expect a GM to find a franchise player with only mid to late first rounders, and no big name assets?

6. Chris Jent MVP

another one of these ?? :rolleyes:

7. Raven

Raven Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Really, this is all that needs to be said.

1 person likes this.
  8. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Stopped reading after he called Joey Dorsey a 1st rounder.

1 person likes this.
  9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Title shouldmbe changed. This is in opinion based article about DM and not based on any conversations, quotes or anything else from Les.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Im not sure what more could have been done with a team that was anchored by Tmac and yao. i think if things went perfectly for the GM we'd be in the playoffs every year, despite having those two injured players, and we haven't been that far off from accomplishing that anyway. I think Les could have easily ordered the FO to tank to get that high pick, but he didn't, so how can you blame Morey for failing to get a star in the draft?

The team is finally breaking free from both large contracts of Yao and tmac. I think Morey will be under the microscope even more, not just for this draft though, but over over the next calendar year.

11. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

I concur...this is one of those contributor blogs... nothing good here!

1 person likes this.
  12. eman

eman Contributing Member

One thing bothers me about Morey: his weight gain. It's possible the stress is getting to him. Maybe he's depressed-- which is certainly understandable. I hope he'll get some regular exercise, eat smart, and drop a few pounds. We need that dude at his best.

13. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

Yay journalism?

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This is almost as good as the new era new attitude article by that one r****ded kid.

15. drsnay76

drsnay76 Member

U mad?

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Morey has Kubiak-like job security

Rocket River
    :D

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

What, that Morey(Kubiak) cant be fired?:p

18. Damion Laverne

Is that you, nathan8?

1 person likes this.
  19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...pretty short sighted article. If we are to follow this guys logic then we should congratulate well run teams like the Clippers for drafting Blake Griffin. Everyone agrees that we need a franchise player - but when your drafting late in the draft franchise players are almost never available. I would argue that Houston has picked more non-lotto talent out of the draft who ended up being decent players in the Morey era than most teams.

...sily article written by a fool. Let's move on.

20. delishman

delishman Member

Morey MVP!!

Morey MVP!!