1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[CBS Sports] Another Alabama RB wants to be traded (Mark Ingram)

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by plutoblue11, Sep 22, 2013.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...ngram-could-be-next-running-back-to-be-traded

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For the sake of my fantasy team. Please, it can't get any worse.

3. Major

Major Member

I think part of the issue with these Alabama RBs is that they looked great in college in part because their O-line is just so ridiculously good there compared to the competition. That's why running backs appear to be plug-and-play at Alabama. When the O-Line is just average, they aren't the first-round-pick type backs that they looked like.

4. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

The problem is Ingram. Pierre Thomas moves the chains.

5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

The problem is Saban. In that he gets more out of his players than 99% of NFL coaches ever will.

6. basketballholic

True. But Saban does have probably the best talent base in CF right now. And Ingram is a player in my estimation. I think he needs to go somewhere where he can be the primary back.

7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

When you have top talent at every position, you do not have to work super hard to win. That could make the life more difficult down the line for the players when you have teammates that are not super talented.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What does this have to do with Ingram, who's worked ethic is outstanding?

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Is he good enough to be a featured back though? I have my doubts.

Would be funny if he got traded to Cleveland.