1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Cavs trying to land Kevin Love

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Jun 25, 2013.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

The Cleveland Cavaliers front office must be hopped up on caffeine because I’m pretty sure they never sleep.

Earlier today we reported they were in serious trade talks with the Houston Rockets for Thomas Robinson and were also in discussions with the Dallas Mavericks about an uknown player (cough, Shawn Marion, cough). In addition to that, they were reportedly stonewalled by the Portland Trail Blazers who rejected their trade offer for LaMarcus Aldridge.

Now, according to Andy Katz of ESPN, the Cavaliers attempted to trade for Kevin Love of the Minnesota Timberwolves:

But the Cavs are also exploring trading the top pick since they’re not in love with any one player who in a “normal” year wouldn’t be a top pick. According to a source, Cleveland offered the No. 1 pick, Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters to try and land Minnesota’s Kevin Love. But new Timberwolves president Flip Saunders won’t move Love.

Edit - Link

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Please post links to the stories.

3. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This draft is so bad.

5. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

O hot damn

Maybe if Kahn was still in office!

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sources: Cavs trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat (NOT from the draft)

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That other guy was Love? I seriously had no clue who he was.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Gotta be honest -- I'd mull this over if I were the Wolves.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Why?

If they put Love on the block they are getting offers from every team that has the space to acquire him.

If the #1 pick this year was so valuable, the Cavs wouldn't dream of trading it. No one is going to trade the #1 pick next year.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

All I know is the Wolves better trade Love at some point in the next two years to get some value, because no way is he gonna resign.

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

in addition to Thompson and Waiters - two of their top 5 lotto picks.

Its not that the #1 isnt valuable - but its hard to see anyone being as proven and good as Love -- maybe they can be but with Irving that Cavs want to build a win now team as fast as possible.

If Kahn was still there if I was Love I would demand the trade - but with Saunders - its worth seeing if the Wolves can put together a good run and make the playoffs the upcoming season

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It' s so hard to get a legit second superstar.

The Cavs could get this deal done if they didn't reach on Thompson and Waiters.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I agree on face value it isn't a horrible offer. Consider the highlight of the Deron Williams was one high lotto pick that was somewhat of a question mark.

This offer is essential 3 top picks including the #1. Discount Thompson. He's average at best. But Waiters was above average and has upside. Not efficient... But if he can work on that a solid solid starter. Then pick someone like Len, sign Pek... Suck another year.

It's not bad, not bad at all. But sure, if your Minnesota ask for the 19th as well and a future first.

15. OffDaChain

OffDaChain Member

Timberwolves would never let go of Love for a top pick in a weak draft... I would however, take a top pick in next year's draft.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's the thing though. Many people believe Love is a all-star talent when healthy. You don't trade a all-star talent away easily. Waiters and Thompson aren't that. We know that much, maybe they can be but it's not like Kyrie Irving thing where it's just a matter of time with those two...it's a "Maybe they can or can't."

So Love is worth more than what they are offering combined.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Nobody is trading an Irving like talent for Love. That's an equal trade. What's the point. So obviously Love will be more than anything they get back. The issue is if they decide to move Love because he won't resign, what can they get, and can they get anything better? I can see the TWolves waiting though and trying to land a top 3 pick in next years better draft for him.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9GNhdQRbXhc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Cavs wish Kahn was still there.

20. what

what Member

the twolves will make the playoffs next year, and probably get to the second round as well.

The cavs are dreaming if they think they can get Kevin Love.