1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs sign Jeff Green

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 7, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

#1 J.R., Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  2. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

wow. nice pick up

hvic likes this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

We've said this everywhere he's been and everywhere he's been he ain't been ****. I'll reserve my verdict on this signing until after the season

Pen15clubber and Yung-T like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Useless signing, but it's not like they can do better at this point...

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

at this rate he will have played for every franchise by 2020

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

During All-Star Weekend in Phoenix, Green was a better player than most others thought. He proved it on the national stage during the Rookie Challenge & Youth Jam game. With Thunder teammates Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook also participating, Green scored the go-ahead three-pointer and even sank a three-pointer at the halftime buzzer in helping the Sophomores to victory.

With a nationally televised audience, an arena full of fans and the courtside lined with the game’s biggest names and celebrities, Green caught the attention of many, including Cleveland’s LeBron James, who as one of TNT’s guest analysts kept referring to Green as “Uncle Jeff.”

The nickname caught on, and soon enough fans at the Ford Center and in visiting NBA arenas started calling him Uncle Jeff. James and Denver’s Carmelo Anthony even call him Uncle Jeff whenever they see each other.

Green said the nickname actually goes back to the summer of 2007, right after he was drafted and was a part of the USA Basketball Select Team, along with Durant and Nick Collison, that practiced and scrimmaged with the Olympic gold medalist Team USA.

James was on that team and, according to Green, King James came up with the nickname on the spot.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It can't hurt. Paying a min salary for a guy that does everything average or below.

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Cleveland just upgraded their disappointing, good-at-nothing tweener reserve forward spot.

Derrick Williams ->>> Jeff Green

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Great deal; JGreen has all the talent in the world, but he has never used it. I don't get it.

He could be an all-star.

That's cool. The real J.Green is the prize.

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Great deal; JGreen has all the talent in the world, but he has never used it. I don't get it.

He could be an all-star.

That's cool. The real J.Green is the prize.

11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

The real j.green would be great here. Hopefully we get him

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm honestly surprised the Spurs got Gay rather than Green.

Green seems like the type of player who will have a career year in San Antonio. And he would have been cheaper by 6 mil.

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I hope those ears are right @Codman. J green would be a great addition here whether we get Melo or not.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This is looking like JaMychal Green.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Don, I'm sure you have seen him more than me. I like his defense, and shooting, but otherwise all I have seen him is dunk or tip the ball in.

Don't you think a guy getting 27 minutes a game, should be scoring at a greater rate than 8.9 points alongside Conley? Even Capela got up to 12.6 points with Harden.