1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs interested in trading Kevin Love?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Pass 1st shoot 2nd, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Why would the Cavs trade Kevin Love now? I keep reading that they are interested in doing it if they get a star in return, but it had better be a star who can score. If they trade Love, they'll start Tristan Thompson - who can't score, and we saw how pressed they were for points against the Warriors last year. Realistically, who do you think the Cavs could get now for Love?

2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

They won't trade him this year ... Maybe next year or the offseason

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Sounds pretty obvious that they are only considering trading if a win now star player is coming back in the deal.

I know I know... Dwight Howard, but keep this in mind. The Cavs just gave huge money to Tristan Thompson who sort of does the same thing that this team would be asking Dwight to do. Dwight is slightly better, and you have the luxury of always having a guy like that on the floor but still, its something to note as to why he might not be the star player they have in mind.

Kevin Love, while not a perfect fit, and while he's been underutilized, is still really good for them, and his value will come in the playoffs (which he has yet to stay healthy for).

If someone like Melo or Blake Griffin became truly available I would think that a Kevin Love trade would make sense this year, but the fact that we aren't seeing smoke yet with only a day left before the deadline kind of makes me think the stars will stay put this trade deadline.

The most likely star player is probably Dwight because the Rockets are in the worst situation basketball wise, and Dwight has essentially an expiring deal, and he doesn't have the obsession with the city (even though I think he loves Houston) he's playing for and a no-trade clause like Melo does. Even then, a Dwight trade looks pretty unlikely.

So I seriously doubt we will see Kevin Love on the move.

5. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Horford+filler?

6. Texas321

Texas321 Member

If I were the cavs I'd be on the phone with Morey trying to work a deal around Howard for Love.

7. wfactor

wfactor Member

They're gonna stick it out with him this year and see how far they can get with their big 3 all healthy

I can definitely see them moving him in the offsesason if they fall short of expectations though

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol at Love...he didn't want to get traded here cause he questioned Harden and Howard desire to win...the pot calls the kettle black.

Anyway, i think the only possible destination for him (if they want a good 4 back) are the Clippers, he would fit pretty well there, not sure about Blake in Cleveland but yeah...

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

We have nothing the Cavs would want in return for Love. Which is good cuz I don't want him on this team anyway.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Ainge was also trying to get him two years ago, i think he'll eventually be in the mix again but i guess he'll need a third team to get it done.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I'd bet on a Kyrie for CP3 swap, myself.

13. VanityHalfBlack

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

I would consider Brewer for Love, but not sure if the Brews want to move to Cleveland.

15. hvic

hvic Member

We can always move Brew to Memphis to reunite with his buddy JB

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

D-Mo >>> Kevin Love.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Child please..............please child.

18. hvic

hvic Member

are we talking about current D-Mo and Klove? D-mo is injured and we don't know if he will even be back to his pre-injury form unless we have some help from Phoenix medical team.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Trevor Ariza + ... ??

The Cavs could actually use an Ariza and then just go with Lebron at the 4 and Tristan at the 5. They'd steamroll that way, though probably still not enough to beat the Warriors.

But obviously they'd want more than Ariza...

Kevin Love should be traded... but they should have realized that long ago.

He just doesn't fit with Lebron. And while, CLEARLY, he isn't the same player he once was and NEVER had the impact on winning by doing all the other stuff you might want a PF to do (eg. Green)... Love still could be a much better player in a better fitting system.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Should have done

Love + Koufos

for

Howard + Motiejunas

Cavs are so poorly run, it's comical.