1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs for Real?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tacoma park legend, Nov 23, 2000.

1. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Their coach is very good. He's very energetic and he gets the most from his players. Also they are very good defensively, giving up their bodies all the time, especially matt harpring. I've always liked him.They are surprisingly deep at every position. They are not in my opinion an elite team though just because of their record. Lets see how they do against the lakers and blazers then we'll see.

------------------
    www.truebballfansite.homestead.com

2. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

The Cavs are 8-3 with an easy sched and so far i'm not convinced. At best this team is a 7th seed and might be that when the season ends. Here's their results so far.

@New Jersey W 86-82
    Sacramento W 102-100
    Boston W 91-89
    @New York W 99-97
    @Toronto L 88-115
    Washington W 86-73
    Golden State W 96-86
    @Philadelphia L 98-107
    @Milwaukee L 76-89
    Detroit W 117-98
    @ Miami W 86-67

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

3. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I didn't mean to imply they are one of the elite, because, IMHO, there are at least 8 teams in the West who could beat Cleveland.

My point is, before the season started, I didn't even have Cleveland in the playoffs in the WEAK EAST. Good point DeanB, their schedule has been pretty weak....but if you can beat the bad teams in the East, you can make the playoffs...in the East. They have just really surprised me.

By the way, I know attendance is down this season, but, damn, has anybody watched a Cavs game on satellite at the Gund? There's like 12 people there.

------------------
    Jazzkiller

4. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

It's hard for me to fathom it, but I've finally come to a surprising conclusion...

Maybe the Cavaliers don't suck that bad.

Are you kidding me? Why the hell does this team win any games at all? I understand Andre Miller. He's an excellent point. But the way I've seen things so far, this team could be last year's Orlando. A bunch of no-names that could possibly make the playoffs. Is Randy Wittman that good of a coach? Why is this happening?

------------------
    Jazzkiller