1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cato is the super fit for the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vince, Feb 4, 2000.

1. vince

vince Member

Everybody is hungry for a big name player; but why? The rockets need a player who commands respect in the center of the lane, but doesn't need to score to fit his ego.

Cato is a perfect fit for the Rockets type of play. Shot blockers are even more rare than dominant centers. Cato can really grow into a super center. Look for him if he reaches his potential to score 12 pts., 9.5reb, and 4blks. per game. If cato scores all the points where do francis' and Mobleys' points come from?

Cato did his damage in this game in only 14 minutes!!! WOW, he has been HUGE for these wins!

2. outlaw

outlaw Member

I wish we had Theo Ratliff to go along with Cato. That would be a great 4-5 combo and Ratliff even has a nice jumper.

I'd trade our 1st round pick, the Turkcan pick, Bryce Drew, Tony Massenburg, Carlos Rogers and Walt Williams for Theo and Larry Hughes.

1 = Francis/rookie
    2 = Mobley/Hughes
    3 = Anderson/Bullard/free agent
    4 = Ratliff/Thomas
    5 = Cato/Olajuwon/Miller

3. haven

haven Member

I think we should trade a second round draft pick and Bryce Drew for Scottie Pippen... Portland might be willing to unload him.

[This message has been edited by haven (edited February 04, 2000).]

4. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

Cato does make a very nice piece to the team, and I am glad we have him for the long term. However, he will probably never be a guy on the offensive end that will consistently beat his man (pressure the other teams defense). As much as we will be a guard led team in the future, we will need offensive versatility. Also, as said above, it would very nice to have a weak side shot blocker to compliment him, a la McGrady, or Ratlif mentioned above.

[This message has been edited by sir scarvajal (edited February 04, 2000).]

5. 3pointer

3pointer Member

Shak goes for a shot , blocked by Cato not once but twice !!!!!!!! nough said !

6. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

I really like Cato, especially when he doesn't forget to bring his enthusiasm. Without it, he's like Superman back on Krypton (No superpowers)

But, I am convinced that he'd make a better PF than a C. We should still try to get a bonafide center. I'm not saying he sucks as a center, but that he's lacking just a little height and considerable bulk to bang with the bigger centers.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.