1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cat Story, Bro

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigBenito, Sep 9, 2011.

1. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

A few weeks ago, my wife and I found a stray kitten near an abandoned building, we brought it home, because who can resist the power of a helpless, cute kitten? The poor kitten was tiny, greatly malnourished, but still playful and not skittish.

The next day we took the kitten to the vet (male, estimated 5-7 weeks old): not old enough for shots? (I don't think the vet was sure it would survive), but de-flead, anti-worm, and antibiotics taken care of. A week later we had the kitten receive its first shots. This entire time, we were attempting to find the kitten a good home, because we already have 2 older cats, and while the kitten was adorable, we didn't really want a 3rd cat. Unfortunately, the local spca and newspaper are both filled with kittens to a free home ads, so no luck on those fronts.

Finally, my wife received a phone call yesterday from a lady looking for a kitten for her son. Her cat had died, so this was a birthday present for him. Excellent! Prior cat experience and hopefully a loving home. Here is the kitten, a pet carrier, and a bag of kitten food. My wife even asked that they call in the near future to let us know how he is doing.

20ish hours later, we receive a phone call that the lady's 2 dogs had scared the kitten, causing him to run to a hidey-hole. The boyfriend's hand was scratched by the kitten while pulling him out and the kitten had bitten the lady on the hand. So, she would be returning the kitten. :rolleyes:

We were glad to have the kitten returned, because after hearing that rubbish we did not want it living in that household. We were not sure how they could be so bad with a cat. I suppose we should have asked how the previous cat had died. This is a tiny kitten that if you cup your 2 hands, it will fit in your palms. Neither my wife nor I ever had issues with it scratching or biting, but it is a kitten. :confused: We get the cat back, and it has a nickel size cut on his head. The lady said he ran into her bed. :confused:

We decided the little guy had been through enough and would live with us - the other 2 cats will learn to deal with it. (While the kitten was here, one cat did somewhat bond with the kitten, but the other cat was being excluded. ) Back to the vet the kitten goes. The vet said the cut would need to be stapled, so he is staying overnight. We later received a call from the vet that the cut went to the bone. :mad:

Cat Story, Bro. I just do not understand how people can be so bad with animals, but at least she returned him instead of dumping him in the boonies.

We will probably call him Teal'c. (He has the whole head scar thing and he fought for his freedom. It is just a coincidence that he is black. :eek: We have already dealt with his goa'uld(s).)

3 people like this.
  2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I mean....I guess dude.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Bro story, Cat.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's a lot of p***y to handle

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

pics or it didn't happen. :)

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That p***y got beat up real bad.

7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

That's what I call a hot dog!

Wait what

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Having adopted out many animals, stories like this are common. we adopted a dog in the woodlands once and before we got home (near Galleria), we already had a call back that it just "wasn't working". We made them drive the dog back to us, at least.