1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cassell vs. Jordan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PhiSlammaJamma, May 5, 2000.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

So let me get this straight, it's ok for Jordan to throw Byron Russell halfway across the court to get an open look to win game 6 of the finals, but it's not ok for Cassell's love tap at the end of the Pacer game. That call literally ended the Bucks run. What a shame. The referee decided the game. I thought that's what they tried to avoid.

Cassell has earned the right to get those calls. He's won two titles. He's a 20 point 10 assist man. He's been baited by Stockon over and over again so he's paid his dues. It's time to give the guy some calls. He's earned it.

p.s. - If REggie Miller plays like that in the next series, maybe the Pacers do go to the Finals.

Also, I'm glad Jordan hit that shot to win game 6, but I hate the way he got it. And does anyone remember the championship game where Jordan drove the lane against Drexler and grabbed his arm so he couldn't steal the ball. Literally grabbed it and went on two score. Shocking.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

2. 34dream

34dream Member

Though I absolutely agree with you about the BS call on Sam, I can't remember where Jordan should have fouled Russell before he hit the decisive jumper.

------------------

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That call must be made everytime. You can not push off a defender, no matter how light or hard. I was impressed the ref made it. If that call is not made, then where do you draw the line?

4. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Sammy has been snakebit all season. That was a bush call. And, he got left off the Allstar team in favor of Davis! Weak.

Jordan's final shot, he get the ball at the top of the key, crosses over Russell, and moves him with his arm. But it was still a hell of a shot. 8)

------------------