1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cassell, best PG in the EAST, BAR NONE

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, May 1, 2001.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Marbury said he could not play for the Wolves anymore because he couldn't stand that Garnett was making that much more money than him. He flat out said this.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Freak,

If you made 100 million dollars and I only made 50 million dollars than I'd be so pissed that I wouldn't play basketball with you anymore [​IMG]

------------------

3. Steve_Francis_rules

How many years did they spend as teammates of Hakeem Olajuwon?

------------------

4. Steve_Francis_rules

You can't blame Van Horn's decline on Marbury. It's Van Horn's fault, along with injuries.

------------------

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

francise rules,

I know that Dream was the reason for 2 championships, but the supporting cast was a big part of it. Remember Dream with Buck Johnson? what about Brent Price? Horry and Cassell sound better don't they?

Where would the Rockets be if Mad Max didn't blow up when they were down 0-2 in Phoenix?

What about all those Robert Horry 3 pointers? You think Buck Johnson would have made it?

I'm glad Dream didn't go to Miami. Hardaway sucks now. Marbury doesn't pass the ball. Marbury wasn't in the league when Cassell was a teammate of Hakeem. Hardaway was hurt like he always is.

-Super Sub!

------------------

6. Steve_Francis_rules

I know Hakeem wouldn't have his championships if he had been without more than one of the important role players, but my point was that take away just Hakeem and Cassell wouldn't have a single ring.

------------------

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

...which just goes to show what a selfish jerk he is. If he were not the sort of person to force a trade, Minn, imo, would be title contenders. As it stands, I think if Cassell and Marbury switched teams, both teams would be worse off: NJ because Cassell can't carry a team, Milwaukee because Marbury can't play a team game.

------------------
    RealGM
    Gafford Art
    Artisan Cakes

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Man, I'm gald we don't have that trade-forcing type of player leading our team! [​IMG]

------------------
    The season's over, but the 'Stros have started. Guess I'm still gonna be nursing that keg...

9. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Good one [​IMG]

------------------

10. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Man, tough call.

Cassell or Marbury?

I think I'd have to go with Cassell simply because of the playoff experience and he knows how to win. Marbury has the potential to be a better PG, but without a decent supporting cast, he'll still try to do it all himself.

------------------
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.