1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Caron Butler still upset

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rezdawg, Nov 14, 2002.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news/fanball/20021112/fanball-heatbutlerstillupset.html

Heat: Butler still upset over his draft spot

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
    Tuesday, November 12, 2002

News
    Caron Butler is still angry over being taken tenth in the 2002 NBA draft, the Miami Herald reported. "I felt at that point in time, and I still feel today, there wasn't any other player better than me in that draft," Butler said. "Jason Williams was like the ideal player everybody wanted, clean-cut, from Duke. But besides that, I was feeling like I was the perfect player in that draft as far as versatility, what I could bring to the team and everything." Butler claims that other agents did not like his agent and lies were spread to drop his draft stock. Namely, Butler remembers one lie about him performing poorly in tryouts. "I feel like I maybe had one bad workout out of nine. But a workout doesn't determine what type of player you are," Butler said. "There is a player that went in the top five this year, and I shouldn't have to say the name because people can just look and understand where I'm coming from, that had excellent wor! kouts and he's not producing. So the workouts don't determine what type of player you are. Daddy can't help you. Can't nobody help you, you're out there on your own."

That sucks for Mike Dunleavy.

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

3. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

When Dunleavy matures physically, he will be better than Butler.

Why is Butler STILL b****ing about it? In case he hasn't noticed, the basketball season has begun, and there are games to worry about. Especially when you are on a crappy team like the Heat.

Caron can also blame himself for off-court problems from before, that may have contributed to him falling in the draft.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is just funny to me

Rocket River
    " . . .give that man a library clap"

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I felt bad for him on draft night because people had been making up stories (like the one that says he was shot once), but now is the time for him to shut up and just play. Looks like he went after Dunleavy pretty hard. It'll be interesting to see what happens when they play eachother.

6. Summer Song Giver

Note to Caron, if workouts don't make what kind of player you are then neither does draft position; so shut up and play. But Im sure this is all about the money he lost by slipping to tenth. (Spilled Milk Caron)

7. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

If I were Dunleavy I will think of Butler and smile everytime I cash a check as a top 5 pick.

Cheesin' like a BigMac! :D

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Classless prick.

9. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

Butler being picked later just means he'll be on a better team (typically). If i thought i was a top 3 pick and fell way back, i'd feel good being in a better position (team wise) than most other top notch rookies.

10. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I think he will be a good player but pleeeeease with the whining...not like he is exactly setting the league on fire..37% shooting 12pts 5rb 2ast a game.. not bad for a rookie but damn sure not good enough to be running mouth like that.

11. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Workouts don't matter? I suppose practice doesn't matter either.

"We talkin bout practice? Practice?

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I guess that includes Yao Ming too. So he thinks the Rockets are stupid not to pick him #1.:rolleyes: