1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmeloooo is backkkk

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Carmelo is back - by itself is negative because it implies the selfish and the loser Carmelo, that he always has been, is back lol.

Carmelo is a changed player - let me know when this thread is up.. Then we can have a legitamate discussion about whether he should be considered as part of the Rockets bench.

Until then, try to digest my signature.

2. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I don't need too. The point is made everyday we're near dead last in the NBA in bench scoring. Sure would be nice to have a "washed up" 6'8 guy giving us buckets off the bench

3. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

You again?

4. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

You miss what I was saying. Melo will never average 25 ppl coming off of the bench for the Blazers.

5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

He doesn't have to average 25pts to over achieve. If Melo just plays solid & contributes decent offense, he proves 95% of this board wrong. He's supposed to be "washed up" & no longer capable making a NBA roster, yet we're already seeing how stupid that sounds

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yes me again.

To remind delusional beings like you that...

[​IMG]

7. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Why are you nitpicking one game? He was trash in 3/4 games.

8. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

It’s amazing how low BBIQ fans overrate players like Melo and Westbrook.

I can tell you all suck at rec centers. Chucking one/way scrubs you all are.

9. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Hahaha I’m not saying any of that. Can Melo succeed in a limited role? Yes. Will he accept a limited role? No.

Melo didn’t work for the Rockets bc he is the purest definition of a ball stopper. When he was with the Rockets for 10 games he completed 180 passes. 120 of those passes were to Harden or Paul. He contributed 5 assists on those 180 passes. Most passes were to players who had to shoot 3s bc the shot clock was running down.

#69 DM'sVP, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You mean we could have a better player with good attitude on vet min rather than a stubborn scrub for 170M?

[​IMG]

hakeem94 and daywalker02 like this.
  11. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Trash? If Ben Mclemore put up the same stats in his first 3-4 games, the Rockets celebrate & we sign him to a guaranteed. But because you have a personal dislike for a guy it's trash? Interesting

Show me one example of Melo not accepting his role here. One SHRED of evidence

12. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Ben Mclemore is a trash offensive player as well.

Carmelo Anthony is a bad volume scorer with bad defense. How does he positively impact the game?

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think Carmelo has to be the most talked about Rocket on Clutchfans despite spending the least amount of time on the team. Has to be a record.

This guy spent a few weeks as a Rocket. Who cares really what he does now? Let it go.

We took a flyer on the guy and it didn't work out.

hakeem94, Patience and RayRay10 like this.
  14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

This would be a valid comparison, except for the fact that shooting was supposed to be the one thing that Melo does well, and it’s acknowledged that 3 point shooting is Westbrook’s main weakness.

If Melo did *anything* else well at this point, he would be worth playing. The problem is that he is a terrible defender, doesn’t run, doesn’t pass, doesn’t move. Shooting is the only thing he had to offer, and he wasn’t that good at it.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just revisiting the idea of Melo last year.

He wasn't the 'real' problem, sure, he wasn't the solution either. I mean half the team was not balling right.

The team started winning because Harden went on his 38 ppg streak, the other players that did not defend, started defending.

Chris Paul also started to regain his form, at least started playing more consistently and found his shot.

They signed Rivers, Faried......everything went right again.

16. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Him sulking on the bench was pretty evident to me. That guy couldn’t stand not starting.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What? Below 40% shooting, 46% efg, 48% ts...nobody would celebrate that no matter what their name is. That's really bad. This isn't solid, and it's not contributing anything other than a better draft pick. Every shot you take is hurting your team with these percentages.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Look, I am not saying, we should have signed him.

The best would have been either drop him at the trade deadline or after the season. I think there wouldn't have been this kind of backlash from the media.

It's a lose lose situation with the media.

In retrospect, waiving him after 10 games will always haunt this organization mediawise, there is nothing one can do.

The 'Gary Clark outplayed him' narrative, was just a cover for the bad games by nearly all Rox players.

Clark played his amount of games and then vanished into thin air.

It is all about timing when to cut him, and the timing wasn't the best.

Those PR mistakes will pile up......you do not disrespect a former Allstar like that.

Easy likes this.