1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsballin, Aug 3, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The guy called Melo a loser and you called paul a loser. Right? Or did I miss something.

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Yes and now you are trying to scale how much loser to change the point.

The scale is irrelevant. All three of those guys had warts on them before they got here. When they got to the Rockets the perception was changed by winning.

The counter to this would be that rather than Melo gradually blending in to the team’s good culture, our entire previously stable organization is going to turn into the Kings/Knicks/Wolves.

Is that what you’re trying to argue on behalf of?

Even Dwight saw his last successful years here.

Are you saying that Melo is a bigger chemistry killer than Dwight and our organization is on the verge of collapse?

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I cant believe I am saying this but I would rather have Jeremy Lin than Melo.

[​IMG]

RockingRox likes this.
  4. justtxyank

Nope. I said comparing Melo to Paul (et al) was a bad comparison. And it was. Of course scale matters in a comparison. Context matters. Always. Context is king.

And no I don’t think the organization is on the verge of collapse and if they are it won’t be Melos fault. But yes his rep is much closer to Dwight than cp3

5. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I was hoping Melo would get a chance to play his game at some point... because our offense was just as bad as our defense today.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Fire BobMelo Anthony!

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

ISO jab step long 2’s? I’m good on that

Mathloom likes this.
  8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The context is, Melo having been in a historically horrific organization (Knicks) just like PJ(Suns), EG(Clippers/Pels), and CP3 (Pels/Clippers) now comes to a historically good franchise.

That is the comparison.
    And for all the “losering” that Melo has done, he was the only one of the 4 players mentioned to have made a conference finals before coming here.

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

@justtxyank The original point @Zboy made was:

It's not CP3/Harden/Capela's fault we lost because we know they can win;

It's entirely on Melo that we lost because he is a loser.

This may be why you are confused what you are arguing here.

He LITERALLY made the point that Melo is ruining our entire team.

10. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Please tell me what was better this game. I’m dying to know.

11. mockster

mockster Member

Melo haters right now

12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Look it's 1 game but chew on this ...

Every other player that's come here has said how easy it is to play in this system and for MDA . How easy it is to play with Paul and Harden ...

All Melo has talked about is how it will be a "challenge" and adjustment . How he has to mentally prepare himself etc ...

CP3 may have said some of the same things , but at the end of the day he knows it's just go out there and hoop .

Melo , let me simplify things for you . Grab boards , set screens , shoot the ball . It's not that ****ing hard .

Being confident in your abilities is a good thing . But if Melo thinks he is on the same level as Harden and Paul we might be in trouble .

justtxyank and Zboy like this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Bingo.

He has always blamed everyone but himself his entire career.

Melo thinks he is a superstar but reality is that he is a scrub that needs to minimize his negative impact and make a positive contribution to the team somehow.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Hopefully the true stars can bring him into the culture and he can adapt his perspective.

I know some people might think its a lost cause, but the organizational culture is strong. Cp3, Tucker those guys need to step up and continue to lead. Maybe Harden can chip in as well ... one silver lining tonight was James' defensive effort ( at least IMO )

It would be great to get Melo to buy in and find a way to contribute ...... if not , I think we actually will cut him. We aren't gonna **** around with out "window." If Melo can't adjust to the bench "challenge" let Gary Clark take a shot at it .

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

pretty much everything is better than 34 yo Melo’s bricks off his jab step series

Did Melo not just go 3-10 from the field? You’re acting like he was feeling it this game.

hakeem94 and justtxyank like this.
  16. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I’m not acting like anything. I am stating that NOTHING WORKED this game. Why not try that a few plays. Melo can still play, it’s about versatility more so than “anything is better than”. I’m speaking on this specific situation.

17. justtxyank

Statistical truth: just because something hasn’t worked doesn’t mean it won’t work the next time. No correlation.

If you believe in analytics you buy into the right type of shots. If the right shots aren’t falling and you start taking bad shots, you don’t really believe in what the numbers told you.

If Melo is going to revert to taking long 2s anytime a little pressure builds he’ll end up benched.

Thankfully this was just one game

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see him as any worse than Anderson. At least he takes open shots. If we had a great season last year with Anderson STARTING like half the games, then we can do it with Melo coming off the bench.

snowconeman22 and hakeem94 like this.
  19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Paul and Harden were a bigger problem than almost anything last night (outside of capela)

MULTIPLE times both of those guy picked up their drivvle without knowing where pass . Did that happen even once last year ?

20. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

I think we should start Anthony or Eric Gordon and put Ennis or Tucker on the bench.